• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cleaning suppressors baffles made easy!

So, just to play devil's advocate, what exactly do clean and shiney baffles get you?

So far I just hit mine with a brass brush and some cleaner. They never get clean, as in down to the metal, but they aren't all loaded up with crud either. Pretty much the same as the 'dirty' picture above. They always go back in OK, and seem to work just fine.

P.S. Sorry for raising up the dead... sort of. I ran across this link in another, more recent thread.

So, just to play devil's advocate, what exactly do clean and shiney baffles get you?

So far I just hit mine with a brass brush and some cleaner. They never get clean, as in down to the metal, but they aren't all loaded up with crud either. Pretty much the same as the 'dirty' picture above. They always go back in OK, and seem to work just fine.

P.S. Sorry for raising up the dead... sort of. I ran across this link in another, more recent thread.
The parts move . Someone here who will remain nameless used his until it seized . Now it won’t come apart . He must send it back to the manufacturer .

Sure you don’t have to clean it . You don’t have to clean a pistol either but it’s still a good practice

OK, got that. Like I say I do clean them, just not down to the original finish.

The only one I''m religious about is my GemTech MIST in 22, since that's exactly what happened to me. It froze up solid after 200 rounds or so and I had to send it back to have them break it free. But even there I just use solvent and a poly/brass brush on it. I also make sure to break it free every 50 rounds or so when shooting, and before I put it in the bag to take it home, which according to GemTech is the key.

My 9 and 45 can baffles always look like your examples of dirty ones. They still go in and out of the sleeve fine though.

I was just wondering if getting them that clean would improve (or restore) performance or anything. I'd actually heard that suppressors got slightly quieter as they got dirty, but that could be a total old-wives tale.

I use a jewelers stainless steel mix, its got SS balls,pins,balcones,diagonals and oval balls. Little bit of purple power and forget about it. I was a little hesitant at first with annodized aluminum baffles getting worn down edges and the finish coming off but I've been cleaning my tirant baffles with SS without issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OK, got that. Like I say I do clean them, just not down to the original finish.

The only one I''m religious about is my GemTech MIST in 22, since that's exactly what happened to me. It froze up solid after 200 rounds or so and I had to send it back to have them break it free. But even there I just use solvent and a poly/brass brush on it. I also make sure to break it free every 50 rounds or so when shooting, and before I put it in the bag to take it home, which according to GemTech is the key.

My 9 and 45 can baffles always look like your examples of dirty ones. They still go in and out of the sleeve fine though.

I was just wondering if getting them that clean would improve (or restore) performance or anything. I'd actually heard that suppressors got slightly quieter as they got dirty, but that could be a total old-wives tale.

My ARC 22 seizes up all the time. I cannot even get the cap off. I did not run many rounds through it and cap slowly unscrews itself and gets stuck.

I’ve actually found that my Sparrow suppresses slightly BETTER when it’s really dirty.

My ARC 22 seizes up all the time. I cannot even get the cap off. I did not run many rounds through it and cap slowly unscrews itself and gets stuck.
Ever tried any anti seize on it? I use this on mine. You can crank your cap down TIGHT and it’ll still come back off pretty easy when it’s cleaning time.

D052D624-C6C8-42C1-BB46-A1D1859936EA.jpeg

First tie was at about 300. seized up and had to send back to get done.Could not remove baffels. Got back and next time cap started to come loose,got home and was siezed up after few 100 again.

Back
Top Bottom