• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

close

well, so far i haven't got a answer on what to clean gun with. just wiping down won't get all oil. hope that answers your question.

I use Hoppe's Elite with paper towels, q-tips and a toothbrush. Really, any gun cleaning solution will do the trick.

I just use CLP. Barrel is like any other, bronze bore brush inside until it's clean. Patch it and wipe off all excess carbon from feed ramp and barrel breech end. Clean slide like you would any other. Frame and plastic just wipe down with cloth, use small amount clp on cloth to remove any caked on carbon. Only oil on the glock should be on the four steel tabs that the slide rides on and the connector. You can add a drop of oil on top of the barrel just in front of the chamber if you like on the camming surface. Other than that, that is all that is needed. DO NOT OIL THE STRIKER SLEEVE AREA. It is self lubricating and does not need any oil. It just gunks it up.

Perfect... I clean out the striker channel and striker once a year or so using alcohol and a cotton swab.

Back
Top Bottom