• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Conceal Carry Pistols

KOMRAD

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
47   0
Reaction score
Conceal Carry Pistols

I'm a little late, but I finally experienced the P365 XL.
Coming from the G19, I didnt think I needed anything else except when in the office and concealability was key.
Next, I want to get into & try red dots on compact size pistols- G19, P229, P01 etc.

Anyone else want to share experiences with the latest & greatest in the market, recommendations, after market parts, etc?

I carry a G-42 that I got from another member here that had the slide cut. He kept the optic it was cut for, so I put an Sig Romeo zero Elite with the circle dot optic. I had to make an angled sleeve for the optic screws as it was cut for something else. (I don't remember what) There's a shop near Savannah that did the cut. I love carrying the gun.

The xl version with a dot snd mag guts (plus Icarus grip) is literally perfect for me.

Attachments

• D540E724-60A3-415C-8A81-B37F734B1222.jpeg
    D540E724-60A3-415C-8A81-B37F734B1222.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 45
Check out the Primary arms holosun Vulcan reticle. It has a big outer circle to help you get lined up. With an adapter plate you can put one on the p365XL and p365x slides. Great for novice red dot shooters like us, IMO.

I don’t mean to hijack your thread. But if you are looking for conceal-ability you really ought to look at a better concealment holster https://smartcarry.com/

I carry a compact 45 everyday as long as I don’t have to pass through a metal detector, I can pass muster with shorts and a t-shirt.

This is worn under your pants in front of your junk. And no, in case of accidental discharge, it doesn’t point at your privates.

1669955720362.jpeg

I don’t mean to hijack your thread. But if you are looking for conceal-ability you really ought to look at a better concealment holster https://smartcarry.com/

I carry a compact 45 everyday as long as I don’t have to pass through a metal detector, I can pass muster with shorts and a t-shirt.

This is worn under your pants in front of your junk. And no, in case of accidental discharge, it doesn’t point at your privates.

View attachment 5029308
no

nobody that's serious about carrying would ever use anything like this....

no

nobody that's serious about carrying would ever use anything like this....
Define ‘serious about carrying’. How many times in your life do you think you’ll ever need to have a weapon? Police officers often go entire careers without discharging their duty weapon ‘on the job’.

If and when that time happens, you’ll either have one with you or you won’t. Meanwhile as opposed to carrying a ‘mouse gun’ I’m carrying a 45.A1AE490C-462B-4687-82F0-D50CAAEDB26D.jpeg

There has been some hype over the P365, Hellcat and other newer to market models.

I originally shared my thoughts to encourage others try the P365 XL if they haven't already.

To me it the perfect office, everyday carry.
I was concerned about comfort, concealability, user accuracy and using the public restroom in the high-rise building where I work. The P365 XL allows be to be confident in all those areas.

Each of our own needs will vary. Some may have more restrictions than others...

Define ‘serious about carrying’. How many times in your life do you think you’ll ever need to have a weapon? Police officers often go entire careers without discharging their duty weapon ‘on the job’.

If and when that time happens, you’ll either have one with you or you won’t. Meanwhile as opposed to carrying a ‘mouse gun’ I’m carrying a 45.View attachment 5030153

I have pulled a gun 3x that was carried on my person.
I have utilized a firearm in the home 2x now. most recently to guard against a ****bird that is likely now facing death row.

At no point yet have I had to fire thankfully, presence of guns was enough to change their minds.

Back
Top Bottom