Conor McGregor VS Floyd Mayweather

Conor McGregor VS Floyd Mayweather

• Total voters
You guys seem to forget that low class pikeys go to no gloves beating each other, basically for no reason, after 2 whiskey shots. (*hence why my Irish DNA having ass doesn't drink liquor*)

that might be part of the problem, he's used to mma gloves which are much closer to barenuckles, now he's gonna have big ol boxing gloves so may also not be so great with them

that might be part of the problem, he's used to mma gloves which are much closer to barenuckles, now he's gonna have big ol boxing gloves so may also not be so great with them

I think it is going to be boring as hell. In general, boxing by itself has become such a bore-fest. I have no interest (or patience) in watching a 12-round dance. It could have been interesting (and a good compromise) if they would have agreed to 4 oz MMA gloves for a five round boxing only bout. Connor already has a proven chin while getting hit with the smaller gloves by harder hitters than Floyd, but I don't know if Floyd would hold up if Connor really connects a couple of times. It would be the greatest thing ever if Connor drops Floyd, then instinctively goes back into MMA "kill" mode and goes down to the mat to drop about six more bombs on Floyd's face. :p

I think it is going to be boring as hell. In general, boxing by itself has become such a bore-fest. I have no interest (or patience) in watching a 12-round dance. It could have been interesting (and a good compromise) if they would have agreed to 4 oz MMA gloves for a five round boxing only bout. Connor already has a proven chin while getting hit with the smaller gloves by harder hitters than Floyd, but I don't know if Floyd would hold up if Connor really connects a couple of times. It would be the greatest thing ever if Connor drops Floyd, then instinctively goes back into MMA "kill" mode and goes down to the mat to drop about six more bombs on Floyd's face. :p

i agree 100% that its going to be borning as hell because most of mayweathers fights are. Not only can be boxing be more boring but floyd only does extremely defensive boxing which increases the bore factor by about 10x. As for the gloves i think their biggest factor in this fight will simply be slowing connor down. Larger boxing gloves dont really do anything to soften the blow to the head (only real purpose to to keep them from breaking their hands)and actually can makes ko's easier simply due to the more mass they are hitting with but they will for sure be harder to move quickly and will most likely be less precise and speed and precision are two of connors greatest strengths. but again with all of this, i think mayweather is going to destroy connor but i would 100% love for it to go the opposite way.

And is not taking this fight serious. McGregor has a lot of drive and it just takes one punch, either way.....

I feel like a broken record. All the guys that have been doing this their whole lives that have stronger knockout power than Conor couldn't touch Floyd. The marketing for this fight has made people go mad and deny logic and think that some amateur boxer is going to somehow beat the greatest pound for pound fighter of his era. I would love to see Conor knock him out just as much as the next guy, but I know it ain't going to happen.

I feel like a broken record. All the guys that have been doing this their whole lives that have stronger knockout power than Conor couldn't touch Floyd. The marketing for this fight has made people go mad and deny logic and think that some amateur boxer is going to somehow beat the greatest pound for pound fighter of his era. I would love to see Conor knock him out just as much as the next guy, but I know it ain't going to happen.

Guess we will see. Conor is a Huge underdog here, no doubt. But I wouldn't say he has no chance of touching Floyd.

Back
Top Bottom