• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

cops, schools had no duty to shield students..

What do we do now

• Arm Teachers who want to be armed

• Terminate School resource officers

• Privatize security

• Let court of appeals sort it out

• Tacos

Results are only viewable after voting.
An armed school officer has a very specific duty. Shoot any SOB that threatens the kids. I call bull****.
And when in the presence of a mass murder of unarmed kids if that officer had no duty or "special relationship"? Then he owes years of back pay for being there under false pretenses.

I agree with you. Reference was added in case anyone wanted to know what the earlier posting were talking about in reference to no duty to protect.

Most people have never heard of it. If you tell them they either will not believe it and promptly write you off as a deranged right winger, or just not care and forget it. The idea that the police are there to "protect and serve" is as deep into most people as calling all magazines, "clips".
warren vs DC

An armed school officer has a very specific duty. Shoot any SOB that threatens the kids. I call bull****.
And when in the presence of a mass murder of unarmed kids if that officer had no duty or "special relationship"? Then he owes years of back pay for being there under false pretenses.
only a real man/hero would engage

definition of a hero is gong beyond the call of duty, specifically putting yourself in danger when it was never required

9/11 NYC firefighter or cop rushing into a collapsing building to save people = hero
police officer just doing his job = not a hero

thats the truth though; the school resource officer just did a job. sending kids to school is the same as a soft target IMO

I am NOT, repeat NOT defending the actions of the cop in this situation. Not having a legal duty does not mean you don't have a moral duty.

These rulings seem to be a way to keep police departments from being bankrupted by lawsuits that would arise every time someone is hurt/killed.
Why weren't the cops there faster?
Why DID they engage the criminal who then killed someone.
Why DIDN'T they engage the criminal who then killed someone.
If cop HAD continued pursuit there wouldn't have been a fatal crash.
If cop HADN'T continued pursuit there wouldn't have been a fatal crash.

Reactions: GFB
Home schooling should be a viable alternative to public schools.

As long as you're not "stealing" money from the public schools to do so I think it doesn't get much resistance. That's the argument at least. Education spending seems incredibly inefficient but if you start messing with "they money" you're in for it.

Cops= "to Harass and Extort" arrest/assault/shoot victims of crimes, coerce/threaten people into giving up their Constitutional rights, then fill out paper work.

Lest'd don't forget about the "War on Drugs", they also have that to do.

Back
Top Bottom