• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Could the Honda Prelude Come to the U.S. as a Sporty Hybrid?

Hybrids are the .40 cal of the car world.
It'll take a little time for everyone to realize they suck.
Hybrids have been available in the US for almost 25 years... how much is a "little time"?
My wife and I recently drove over 1200 miles in her hybrid Lexus SUV and averaged 35.9 MPG. That is with a 3.5L V6, rated at 308 hp and 247 lb-ft of torque. 10 year powertrain/battery pack warranty. Have had zero issues and only returned to the dealership for scheduled maintenance in over four years of ownership.

Yes dawg. It's 2023 and this is the horsepower/torque specs of your "truck"?

View attachment 6394548

My clapped out Nissan Altima could outrun that thing.
It's averaging 10 mpg better than we were getting over the previous company vehicles we had. We drive all over the state of Ga (and confusion). Don't really need it to bawl the tars when at the stop light when I'm out on an IT call.

Hybrids have been available in the US for almost 25 years... how much is a "little time"?
My wife and I recently drove over 1200 miles in her hybrid Lexus SUV and averaged 35.9 MPG. That is with a 3.5L V6, rated at 308 hp and 247 lb-ft of torque. 10 year powertrain/battery pack warranty. Have had zero issues and only returned to the dealership for scheduled maintenance in over four years of ownership.

Just like the .40 was a popular choice for almost 25 years too. But it's dead now.

Hybrids are the past, when batteries just didn't have the range they do now. And that range is growing exponentially.

Is it possible I have no clue what I'm talking about? Yes. But I doubt their will be many, if any hybrid offerings 5 years from now.

It's averaging 10 mpg better than we were getting over the previous company vehicles we had. We drive all over the state of Ga (and confusion). Don't really need it to bawl the tars when at the stop light when I'm out on an IT call.
images (15).jpeg

Is it possible I have no clue what I'm talking about? Yes. But I doubt their will be many, if any hybrid offerings 5 years from now.
On this, I agree!! 5 years of battery technology change, spearheaded by Toyotas Solid State Battery, will abrogate the need for hybrids.

Just like the .40 was a popular choice for almost 25 years too. But it's dead now.

Hybrids are the past, when batteries just didn't have the range they do now. And that range is growing exponentially.

You may be right about there not being many hybrids in 5 years, but it would have nothing to do with anything that you are suggesting and everything to do with retardation.

On this, I agree!! 5 years of battery technology change, spearheaded by Toyotas Solid State Battery, will abrogate the need for hybrids.
Yep. They made a lot of sense when electric cars couldn't go more than 200-300 miles without a charge. Especially when charging stations were sparse. But I don't see them making any sense for much longer.

Back
Top Bottom