• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Could the Honda Prelude Come to the U.S. as a Sporty Hybrid?

They were fun cars - but FWD and 4 cylinder powered. But I'd say they'd sell more of those long term, than a hybrid or EV.

View attachment 6397633

View attachment 6397640

I'd pay a premium to own a low mileage example of one of these older generations. Back in 2000 or so model in the top pic was rated the best handling car in the $25k and under class, with the BMW M3 taking honors for anything over $25K.

This new version isn't a bad car, but it looks more like an Accord coupe than a Prelude.

I'd pay a premium to own a low mileage example of one of these older generations. Back in 2000 or so model in the top pic was rated the best handling car in the $25k and under class, with the BMW M3 taking honors for anything over $25K.

This new version isn't a bad car, but it looks more like an Accord coupe than a Prelude.

I have the 2000 base model. I looked at the type SH with the ATTS, but you're going to pay at least a few thousand dollars premium over the base. And there is also the issue of parts availability and cost to repair if there are issues with the ATTS.

The type SH is fun to drive, but the base model is no slouch either.

D8095AF6-5428-47E1-96DB-95005A165040.jpeg

Give me raw made in America horsepower torque and speed. Not this foreign hybrid sissy crap.

View attachment 6402491

Well of course. Plenty of people whine about big government unless it's something they like. :thumb:

"Tesla, on the other hand, has actually benefitted from a number of outright subsidies created by the US government to encourage the development of electric vehicles to reduce carbon emissions. Notably, the auto company received a $465 million preferential loan from the US Department of Energy in 2010, which it paid off in 2013.

Through 2020, the company benefited significantly from tax credits given to consumers who buy electric cars, which have reduced the cost of Tesla vehicles by $4,000 to $7,500. One attempt to track all these subsidies, including state and local incentives to support manufacturing facilities, estimates the total benefits at nearly $3 billion."

friday-movie-that-was-different.gif

Well of course. Plenty of people whine about big government unless it's something they like. :thumb:

"Tesla, on the other hand, has actually benefitted from a number of outright subsidies created by the US government to encourage the development of electric vehicles to reduce carbon emissions. Notably, the auto company received a $465 million preferential loan from the US Department of Energy in 2010, which it paid off in 2013.

Through 2020, the company benefited significantly from tax credits given to consumers who buy electric cars, which have reduced the cost of Tesla vehicles by $4,000 to $7,500. One attempt to track all these subsidies, including state and local incentives to support manufacturing facilities, estimates the total benefits at nearly $3 billion."

friday-movie-that-was-different.gif

Did Elon lobby or advocate for those subsidies?
Didn't think so.

I get a tax write off for insulating my shop and buying a energy efficient air conditioner?
Should I not take it?

I've never once made a political or environmental argument for electric cars but you always turn it to that.

Can't even talk about sports or cars here without making it political.

If you want a political discussion about EV's move it to the political forum.

Back
Top Bottom