• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Could use yall help-lost firearm

W Beard

Default rank <750 posts
His eminence
22   0
Reaction score
Greeting gents,
So my life has become the joke in the gun world that happens everytime a new ban is mentioned. I actually lost a gun during a boating accident. I put this in general since not sure where was best to put this.

This happened back on the 20th of this month on the Etowah River (in dawson county). We put in at the river park kayak launch (Park at the corner of uncle shucks field) and it had fallen off me before the power lines just up stream of the red trail parking area. I thought I had it and the mag pouch attached well but got pushed onto a log jam. When the kayak flipped both fell off me. So if you are out in that area and see it or decide to glance around for it then that would be appreciated.

General description (can give very specific details if found to verify ownership):
pistol was gen 3 g23 with frying pan finish and night sights. Was in a iwb kydex holster. Had in conversion barrel so was loaded with 9mm. The mag pouch was a tan condor molle pouch with 2 mags, all mags were magpul made.

Did you report it ??
I was looking around to try to find the box to make a report with the serial number. Unfortunately, I think I have it packed away in a spot that isnt as easily accessible. I am going to call them tomorrow to make the report, but get the info for the officer so I can get them the serial number for the firearm.

Welp, I’m going fishing!
I would have already headed back out for just that, but have been very busy recently. Couldn't really fish it out the day it happened. Since it was atleast 10-20 minutes before I noticed (was trying to get back in the boat). Plus the water was about a 1-2 ft up and mayne 6"-12" of visibility.

I have a feeling that might be the case. That is why I am doing a report in case it shows up from an accident or someone uses it in a crime. Still figured would put something here cause I know we have a lot of boaters and outdoorsmen.

I have a feeling that might be the case. That is why I am doing a report in case it shows up from an accident or someone uses it in a crime. Still figured would put something here cause I know we have a lot of boaters and outdoorcontent.
You better hope you find the box because there ain't nothing an outdoorsman loves more than free guns.

Back
Top Bottom