• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Daniel Defense ARs...

I've heard stories lately of DD's quality not being what it used to be but don't have personal experience with anything new, my upper is several years old.
I like Bravo Company but their stuff can be more than some people want to spend. I look for their sales and save a few dollars.

It's hard to beat a Colt 6920 OEM 1 or 2 with the furniture you want added on. You get everything you need and nothing you don't.

Either one is a great choice. The Colt will last just as long it's just not as fancy as the DD. I use DD parts in my build and they make great products. I use their bolt carrier groups for my 6.8 spcII build and they are the best in my opinion on those. Just ask yourself do you want to spend the extra money for the fancier gun. Buds gun shot sells a stripped Colt LE 6920 for a 678 bucks. You just to buy the stock ( 50 bucks for a good magpul ) and a handguard anywhere from 100 to 200 again how fancy do you want to go. Matrix Arms sells handguards for 79 bucks for that length and Trinity force make a good one under 100 as well. They aren't as fancy but I have use both and both are as good as the expensive ones but again not as fancy. Makes for an excellent defense for the Colt option. However Daniel Defense is in GA. so if you ever have a problem shipping them the gun won't take a year. Both have excellent reputations and are quality machines. It's hard to pass this up a 678 bucks.
2680_1.jpg

The stock on just slides on after you depress the pin in far enough. The handguard is a little more involved. It's easy enough. If you live close to someone that is into AR's which is highly probable, I am sure they would help you with that. It honestly takes maybe 20 minutes to put one on. You just need a AR armorers tool. If you buy a handguard new they usually supply a flat steel wrench to install it. Piece of cake. You just send them your gun shops FFL info which they probably already have and they will ship it to them. Transfer fee is usually 25 bucks. Then it's off to the races. Good luck shopping and you really can't go wrong with either one of those selections.

Back
Top Bottom