• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Decrease in gun and ammo demand? Your thoughts and opinions

Well joking or not, that actually makes a lot of sense
100% speaking truth my friend. I spent a lot of my life trying to claw my way to the top and achieved that lavish luxury lifestyle. When you get there...it's pointless. Because you're still just a regular person. There's more value in having free time and honing your craft\skills in a select few things. The only rich people who live so carefree are those born into money. Those who have to earn their way up don't have free time to enjoy any of the overpriced toys. It's also soul crushing when you achieve a dollar amount that seemed lifechanging and unimaginable in your youth and then you adjust it for inflation and it's not at the same level anymore and seems to go down in value everyday. Even if your holdings are in gold \ silver. Don't even get me started on crypto either.

Yeah; I did.

I amassed quite a collection of extremely high end rifles like KAC's, LMT's, SCARs, FS2000's, and even a barret .50 cal as well as a ****load of handguns. I even have an SBR'd XM8 in my possession.
In total I must be close to 100k worth of guns and ammo.

I've liquidated almost all of them now and made a decent profit out of them. The novelty wears off when you realize instagram isn't real; most people don't like you; flexing is dumb; and if SHTF you can carry just 1 weapon and 1 sidearm with your pack and the rest is garbage. Ontop of that; having money tied up in this is dumb.

For reference; almost my entire collection accumulated dust. I've sold many guns here that still had a layer of dust on them and got comments about how amazing their condition was (unused)

I learned my lesson. All of this is pointless. Money. Guns. Status. We are all just walking dead and our guns are useless and the currency we have is getting debased and even the value of gold and silver won't save us because the country we knew and would die for is gone.
Interesting I'm in the same boat minus the negative Nancy 2nd half.

I'm only negative because having a lambo and a used sonex jet didn't make me as happy as I thought. Especially since both collected dust in their parking spots.

Which BTW both are for sale if you know anyone interested
You just let me know if you want some help keeping that Lambo driven :becky:

You just let me know if you want some help keeping that Lambo driven :becky:
Hahahahaa I appreciate the offer! I wouldn't mind except it's a crappy Huracan non-evo model. Every mile on it just devalues it unreasonably. If I was wise and got an evo-model I could drive it without concerns for devaluing it. I'm trying to start a business overseas for a change of pace so if anyone is interested because they wanted to do the same PM me.

I'm only negative because having a lambo and a used sonex jet didn't make me as happy as I thought. Especially since both collected dust in their parking spots.

First world problems at its finest. Sounds like you've been through thr ringer.

100% speaking truth my friend. I spent a lot of my life trying to claw my way to the top and achieved that lavish luxury lifestyle. When you get there...it's pointless. Because you're still just a regular person. There's more value in having free time and honing your craft\skills in a select few things. The only rich people who live so carefree are those born into money. Those who have to earn their way up don't have free time to enjoy any of the overpriced toys. It's also soul crushing when you achieve a dollar amount that seemed lifechanging and unimaginable in your youth and then you adjust it for inflation and it's not at the same level anymore and seems to go down in value everyday. Even if your holdings are in gold \ silver. Don't even get me started on crypto either.

I saw the same stuff. I’m always like I just need $500 extra a month and I’m on east street. The $500 comes and then miraculously something pops up that has to get fixed or needs replacing. It never ends. I am clawing my way to the top and I’m scared they’ll be nothing when I get there.

Guns and shooting make me happy so they aren’t totally meaningless to me.

Wait you’re 25 with a jet and Ferrari?! WTF do
you do for a living?

I thought you were some 65 year old CEO who’s just been on the grind for 30 years and realized the money wasn’t worth his time.

Back
Top Bottom