Devotion was a great movie in an empty theater. Why?

Haven't been in a movie theatre in a looooooong time.
Hate to guess what admi$$ion is these daize.
How much is popcorn & a cupful of ice w/a splash of coke?
Devotion does sound like a good choice. Who plays
Jesse Brown? Denzel and Samuel L too old to be
a wwII fighter pilot. Wonder if the book is out yet

I only went to the theater because I wanted to see cutting edge CGI showing the F4U Corsairs in action.

The movie has no star players in the cast --it's a bunch of no-names that would indicate to me that the script is weak.
But again, I didn't go expecting a well written script or an engaging plot.

Finally, The conservative in me predicted that this story would be a bunch of white guilt bull**** preaching to America about how nasty our people were back in the 1950s and how cruel white America was and how proud we should be of the few Black people that survived that horrible experience.

In other words I expected the movie to be 70% propaganda and only 30% about air combat.

The movie was better than I predicted on that front ----it was less preachy,
less condescending, and more positive generally speaking.

The bul****t meter, measuring how much white guilt Hollywood was laying on the audience, only moved a little, but not so much to be offensive.

Oh, and I saw the movie at 8 PM on a Saturday night, and my friend whose father was also a World War II fighter pilot and I were the only two people in the theater. At least until about 10 minutes after showtime when two other people wandered in --and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom