• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DI vs Piston accuracy, interesting results

I am not arguing for accuracy in regards to one or the other. You still are contradicting yourself but that's ok. You are one of the most knowledgeable people here but that doesn't mean your argument can't have easy holes punched in it.

Don't see how I'm contradicting myself. I am clearly stating that my personal experiences with rifles I have personally owned do not constitute any sort of reasonable or reliable testing.

For anyone who has trouble believing that all things being pretty equal a direct impingement gas system is inherently more accurate than a short stroke piston system.....ask yourself this. Why do you suppose that a few years back the folks at Camp Perry decided to create a separate 1000 yard match for the M1A/M14 and M1 Garand folks? After all the 1000 Yard Service Rifle Match allows any military service rifle. If fact that 1000 Yard Service Rifle Match was once dominated by the M1A/M14. While you're at ask yourself why there are no short stroke piston rifles competing against all those direct impingement AR/M16 rifles in the 1000 Yard Service Rifle Match? I mean the DI guys actually add weight to their competition rifles, lead in the stock and such. Why not just start with a heavier gas piston rifle to begin with? Evidently the difference in accuracy between the two gas systems is enough that it makes a world if difference at 1000 yards. Just a thought. As always, YMMV.

Well said.

Back
Top Bottom