• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Didn’t like be told no sale

FD8C43F5-2D90-45FF-923E-2012490673A5.gif

What do they do to the ffl when a gun he sold is used in a crime? I guess they move on to the original purchaser and hassle them and so on down the line of owners that where documented to have owned the gun? Most of the time I see on the news that the firearm involved was stolen
I don't think a sales receipt or hand written ticket for the purchase protects you nearly as much as a Bill O' Sale does. My FFL makes me sign a notarized BOS Everytime I buy a gun. He's smart that one.

Pro tip, they never notice when you right someone else name on the bill of sale.
Do they honestly think someone intent on breaking the law will use their real name anyhow,or do they just think the fact that they have a paper record of the sale they are covered. If that’s the case then why not just make up your own bos after the fact ?

Do they honestly think someone intent on breaking the law will use their real name anyhow,or do they just think the fact that they have a paper record of the sale they are covered. If that’s the case then why not just make up your own bos after the fact ?

Exactly. You could make up a bill of sale out of thin air and it would be equally as useful.

Back
Top Bottom