• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Didn’t like be told no sale

Hoosier, I don't understand your question or comment.
Do you think it's unnecessary to say that the seller will want to see the buyer's carry permit because we should all ASSUME that's going to be a condition of the deal? (I disagree and would not assume this).
Or do you think it's wrong for sellers to set such a condition on the sale? (I think it's a perfectly reasonable condition, but since it's not universally agreed to be such, it should be mentioned in the ad, or at least the very first private message about the proposed deal).
I just asked before sale if buyer had permit he said no so I said no sale .

I sell to permit owners,because they already had a background check,and since I cannot do that,I find it comforting that its already been done

Again, that only means the holder of the GWCL was able to pass a background check at the time it was issued. That doesn't guarantee he is still legally able to purchase firearms at the time you are selling him a firearm.
Seeing a GWCL in someones wallet does not mean you aren't selling to a felon.

Can some one post an ALMOST NUDE WOMAN...just to make my comment legit...and no FORUM is good till an ALMOST NUDE PIC IS POSTED
tight_jeans.gif

You will regret the day a local LE or worse, BATFE agent comes to your door because they traced a gun to you. You thought you sold that gun unknowingly on ODT. HA! It's a digital record. All your communications are saved on this web site. Now Johnny law has you for selling to Mr. Felon who just shot Boktoo Patel at the local Drink and Stink. Oh, you say you didn't know he was a felon. Johnny Law says too bad, you didn't do your part to find out if he was, or wasn't.

Guess what? Now you're a felon too. Hey ya never know, some over zealous liberal prosecutor might charge you with accessory to murder if Mr. Patel dies from his wounds. Think about that for a while. I have had several people try to buy my guns. No weapons licence, but claim to be OK with a legal transfer at the local FFL gun shop. Once I give them the location and try to set the time, dead silence, all communication stops and the felon has been exposed. So yes.... I want a peak at your permit, or lets do a legal transfer down at the local Gun and Fun. If not.. on down the road you go. I will not sit 20 years in the can for a stranger just to make a buck or two on a gun sale. If you do I promise you won't have enough money to pay for the attorneys you will need.

Everyone thinks they are smarter then Johnny Law. Hell... I said it before and I'll say it again. How do you not know that this page wasn't created, and is being run by the BATFE? #YOU DON'T!! Now let that sink in a bit.

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney or any type of LE officer, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I'm curious, what brand tin foil do you find makes the best hat?

I find that the Reynolds Heavy Duty lasts the longest and gives the best protection.

Back
Top Bottom