• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Diesel Truck Opinion

I kid I kid... I'm pretty sure I'd be looking at your tailgate driving down the road if we ever lined up. I've got EFI Live, but I know my stock trans hates me driving on even the 100hp tune.
The dodge trans just suck. I want to strap an Allison behind this Cummins! Other than the efi live it just has a cold air, ats intake, 5" turbo back, and a bd line pressure adjuster.
uploadfromtaptalk1454100568864.jpg

Is there a way to dodge it ?

1/2 ton 3/4 ton ?

No logo on the truck or trailer ?

Stay under 10k GVWR, truck and trailer combined.... Otherwise, avoid logos or anything that would make it appear to be business/work related and hope for the best. As it is with anything, it depends on where you are and how much attention they give to enforcement of a particular law, as well as the individual officers. Some areas don't care, others hunt for violations.
Older trucks typically have lower GVWRs, my 99 Super Duty is 8,600 GVWR, my 05 GMC is 9,900 GVWR. Can't add much of a trailer to that while staying under 10k.... 1/2 tons are less, naturally. You can even order new trucks with sub GVWR ratings to keep under the regs, Ford I know offers it as an option, sub 10k GVWR ratings 3/4 and 1 tons instead of the "true" GVWR rating of the truck.
A lot of lawn care companies loved the Ford Ranger for this reason, a simple single axle trailer and Ranger was inexpensive and kept DOT out of their hair.

Ok, so if you had to have a nasty Ford 6.0 Power Stroke what would you do to it without going broke to keep it running the longest possible. What might the cost be associated with the modifications?

Ok, so if you had to have a nasty Ford 6.0 Power Stroke what would you do to it without going broke to keep it running the longest possible. What might the cost be associated with the modifications?
Delete the egr. Thats it without power adders. Power adders will require more, headstuds are a must. I've had 3 6.0's and fried my first one (headgaskets) before I knew what i needed to do.

Delete the egr. Thats it without power adders. Power adders will require more, headstuds are a must. I've had 3 6.0's and fried my first one (headgaskets) before I knew what i needed to do.
I fibbed, also a good coolant and coolant filter is key. I used ipr hi flow coolant filter. Not tue cheapest but one of the best designs for the 6.0

2014 Dodge 3500 13mpg empty, 13mpg today pulling the 21k lb gvwr toy hauler 5th wheel

No major hiccups yet with 105k on the clocks.. that 815ft/lb torque cummins is mighty nice.. Transmissions are supposed to be solid for 300k as long as you don't do power adders. Of course I don't see any reason to need to with all the torque the truck already puts out

Neighbors truck but we do pretty much everything together, we're more like family than friends

Wow.. this really doesn't sound right.. all the sudden I see the brokeback mountain dodge owner memes (I drive a 318 V8 dakota) He's married though.. this followed by the good cover..

Park the truck on the edge of a cliff. Put a brick on the gas pedal. Snatch the gear lever into drive. Consider it a lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom