• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Diesel Truck Opinion

My son just sold his 03 Dmax yesterday. Guy flew in from IL to get a rust free one. :wacko: This was his 3rd one, and of course, he wants another one. :( Wish he would just get a commuter while he is at UGA. I/we did virtually all of the maintenance on all three of them.

Red.jpeg
red 2.jpeg

Because you can't "roll coal" in a 1500!!! I see 16-18 year old kids all the time in 2013+ diesels with lifts, tuners, over sized tires and wheels and it's just as bad as getting your daughter a little sports car.
Lol yep rollin coal was/is still the the thing among young kids.Gave my son a 2005 Dmax for Christmas. Only down size I have is the year models between 2000 to 06 needs modified transmission to hold over 100hp add ons.Trans are bad about blowing high gear they wont lock up with over power.
So far he has put on 5inch straight exhaust with 8" tip, bigger turbo feed tube and cold air intake.Told him thats all he can do, better save about 5k if he wants a stage 6 trans.l

Good looking truck Kdog ! Thats our next step is lift or level kit and some 20x12 w/33s.
What lift and size tires did you end up running on the red Dmax?

Don't recall the lift but those are Cooper 37's on 12X20's. Notice that the front bumper still had to be cut, and it would scrub a little on the passenger side while backing out of a parking space.

My son just sold his 03 Dmax yesterday. Guy flew in from IL to get a rust free one. :wacko: This was his 3rd one, and of course, he wants another one. :( Wish he would just get a commuter while he is at UGA. I/we did virtually all of the maintenance on all three of them.

View attachment 660044 View attachment 660045
We sold our Yukon to a guy who fliew down from Ohio
But why sell it just to turn around and buy another one ?

Lol yep rollin coal was/is still the the thing among young kids.Gave my son a 2005 Dmax for Christmas. Only down size I have is the year models between 2000 to 06 needs modified transmission to hold over 100hp add ons.Trans are bad about blowing high gear they wont lock up with over power.
So far he has put on 5inch straight exhaust with 8" tip, bigger turbo feed tube and cold air intake.Told him thats all he can do, better save about 5k if he wants a stage 6 trans.l

Suncoast tranny for the win. EFI live tuning. Upgrade the turbo, injectors and dont look back! lead foot diesel is a good place

Back
Top Bottom