• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Display your rights! Carry open! .............or maybe not.

He wasn't complying. While the officer was telling him to get on his knees, he chose to argue the law and try to show his permit. The article says he had several encounters with Philly PD before that did not go this way. I have a suspicion that he intended to escalate this situation on purpose because he wasn't getting a controversial enough responce in previous encounters..

Even if your suspicion is correct, the eventual outcome will most likely be that open carry is accepted in Philadelphia.

Would you disagree that open carry gets way more negative publicity and attention?

Secondly, can you show me an instance where concealed carry has been given negative attention?

Would you disagree that open carry gets way more negative publicity and attention?

Secondly, can you show me an instance where concealed carry has been given negative attention?

They made a big deal out of it on fox news when that fella open carried @ an obama rally. Then again... it is fox news after all.

you mean like that guy that was killed by the cops right in front of his fiancee when he came out of a costco or something like that because someone saw his gun printing and called the cops? is that something like you were talking about?

Look, everyone here wants to maintain and improve our gun rights. All we are talking about is the most effective way to do that. Some think that OC is the best way, others think that CC is the best way. All we are really discussing is tactics. Let's remember that.

They made a big deal out of it on fox news when that fella open carried @ an obama rally. Then again... it is fox news after all.

They did, yes...and attempted to paint him as a white right wing radical or something, IIRC. Too bad the guy was black, lol.

But did it result in any new laws being passed? Um...not that I'm aware of...

Look, everyone here wants to maintain and improve our gun rights. All we are talking about is the most effective way to do that. Some think that OC is the best way, others think that CC is the best way. All we are really discussing is tactics. Let's remember that.

CC is a good way to maintain gun rights, sure, I'll agree to that. Not rocking the boat is a great way to maintain the status quo.

Back
Top Bottom