• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Display your rights! Carry open! .............or maybe not.

Maybe. So? Based on my experiences, I'm far, far more likely to get rear ended while stopped in the middle of the road, resulting in my truck being totaled than I am to be harassed by a cop or another citizen.

I'll take those odds, thanks.

Probably so. I'm glad we finally meet eye to eye on something! :)

Well, I was curious and I googled it...it seems that there is a lot of discussion on the web about instructors discouraging OC in favor of CCW. When you look into those discussions it is as I suspected...those instructors seem to have ulterior motives. Apparently, in states that require training for a CCP, instructors encourage CCW...because to CCW, you need a CCP (or whatever it's called in whatever particular state)...and to get a CCP, you have to...take their course! Yay!

I did find several references to instructors advocating OC, so it's obviously not unanimous.

I CC cuz its so damm ninjery

Well yeah, if you're a ninja, sure. I totally understand and fully support ninja concealed carry. Had I completed my own ninja training (old knee injury forced me to drop from training), I would be 100% CC.

i usually cc because i don't want to be bothered when i go somewhere. just go about my buisness as usual. i do occasionally oc but only when it's hot outside and i don't wish to wear two shirts or get into buying different holsters to keep the weapon off my skin. way more comfortable to carry owb for me when the weather permits and that is the only reason i will do it. the law says i can so if my personal comfort level is elevated under law then i'm all for it. when someone has an inquiry on the weapon, i just explain the current laws and they are satisfied. never asked to leave a place or been harrassed by the police so far. chose what you will but it's a good idea to exercise all rights or they get chipped away and eventually removed if you don't. i think if more people used the right to open carry, the more comfortable everyone would be about it. after all, what good is the law if your not allowed to exercise it?

I've stated these very thoughts before and I'm still in agreement with this. ^^

While it is our right, the "open" portion may just be causing folks more trouble. CONCEL GUYS!

Interesting article.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...lice-say-wont-look-way-open-carry-gun-owners/

Already your argument is full of fail today. Stop agitating the pot. The man was in his legal rights to carry openly but foolish police officers did not know the law. This is also true for the sheeple you hate, so instead of running PSA's to educate the sheeple you suggest we CONCEAL our weapons. Sorry that is just a foolish reason to do something because the public is ignorant and uneducated. Instead of lobbying Washington maybe you NRA bandwagon guys should get them to make some PSA's about gun awarenss and the laws for each state. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom