• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Disturbing hunting video. Your thoughts?

It looked like shot placement was all over him to me. How many times did the other guy say "the head!"
But as already said hogs can be tough. I still remenber as a small boy one hog killing time on the farm. Hogs were always put down with a well placed .22 shot to the head then their thought slit. Realatively quick dispatch. One hog took a dozen shots and finally a sledgehammer blow. Skull thick as tank armour! Whatever your method it should be quick as possible in my opinion.

was this video taken on one those farms where people pay to hunt the almost tame hog? That pisses me off. You can kill a hog with a .17 hmr, .22lr .223 anything with a well placed shot and QUICKLY, not just wound the hell out of it. Who aims through their optic at 1 yard away? PUT THE BARREL TO HER HEAD AND PUT THE HOG DOWN! He kept turning and asking his equally clueless friend what to do... At least they tried to kill it quick I guess. I've seen worse.

Never hog hunted. But have deer hunted for years. I have never shot a deer more than twice. And they never traveled more than 30-40 yds. I take the time to make good, ethical shots. I always quit shooting at least 30 min. before legal shooting time. It's just too dark for me to make good shots with my scope. I hunt because of the camaraderie. And I eat all the meat. But some of the guys I hunted with don't take the care that I do. One guy didn't even sight his rifle in properly before the season. As a result he made a bad shot on a young deer. If hunters don't take the time to make ethical shots, these privileges will be taken away from us. When I step in to the woods, I try to remember this.

Shot placement, shot placement, shot placement. I have hunted hogs and deer for years with a 25-06 100 grain SP and it is a single shot. Make sure your weapon is dead nuts on and you know how to shoot it in many positions proficiently, otherwise do not take the shot. I love to hunt but am not a fan of prolonged suffering. Poorly taught hunting will be the demise of the sport if it is ever banned, not ethical responsible hunters. I have seen rookies many times take running shots, offhand shots, why one idiot in my old club taught his kids to shoot at any part of the deer to "Knock it down, then run over and finish it". Needless to say I am not in their company anymore. I have a 15 year old that has never lost an animal and never taken more than one shot, if he can do it then a 40 yr old man can do it also. Just MO about this issue.

those guys are just morons. A .223 is very capable of taking down a boar, just watch the heli-hog hunting vidoes where a guy in a heli takes down hogs while moving in a heli...and maybe 3 shots and the hogs are out for the count in seconds.

DSC00119.JPGDSC00111.JPGDSC00113.JPGsecuredownload.jpgAll with 223s in the last couple weeks .You tell me if a 223 is enough. But they were 75 gr bthp.

I know pigs are tough as hell but damn. That pig just kept on trying. I personally would not be hunting pigs with a 223. I don't think that kid meant to let that pig suffer. He shot it multiple times trying to put it out. That's hunting sometimes. Well, hopefully he will "bring enough gun" next time.

Back
Top Bottom