• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Disturbing hunting video. Your thoughts?

Bad shot.. I've taken hogs with everything from a 22Magnum to a 7MM STW The 22 mag dropped a 180 lb sow in her tracks. The 7mmSTW wasted too much meat. I hit a 200 lb boar nearly head on shoulder shot.. No from leg but he was DRT

You don't shoot an ole boar in the shoulder plate ... just piss him off...

to be fair to this guy, if you watch the video carefully you see the hog hit the ground before he fires the second shot. had he not hit one of the pigs vitals it would not have dropped. i believe most of the kicking was just nerves. animals don't always just drop lifeless the second you pull the trigger. as far as a .223 goes? its more then enough to take out the heart, lungs, or brains of any living thing your going to find in georgia. and much more humane than the primitive methods they've been hunted for thousands of years.

to be fair to this guy, if you watch the video carefully you see the hog hit the ground before he fires the second shot. had he not hit one of the pigs vitals it would not have dropped. i believe most of the kicking was just nerves. animals don't always just drop lifeless the second you pull the trigger. as far as a .223 goes? its more then enough to take out the heart, lungs, or brains of any living thing your going to find in georgia. and much more humane than the primitive methods they've been hunted for thousands of years.
No watch the Video again, He hit the ground after the SECOND shot. If he wanted to shoot the pig in the Brain he should have moved to the Front of the hog and shot him between the eyes, Not in the jaw, under the eyes and everywhere else he shot him. Idiot, obviously just figures shoot'em enough times and you'll eventually kill'em, good thing he has an Ar with a 25 round mag. As it is he put 7 in him while the video was taping. Needs to go to the Range more, and Learn where the Kill zones are. I personally wouldn't shoot for the shoulder on a hog that size, not with a .223.

Last edited:
Bad shot.. I've taken hogs with everything from a 22Magnum to a 7MM STW The 22 mag dropped a 180 lb sow in her tracks. The 7mmSTW wasted too much meat. I hit a 200 lb boar nearly head on shoulder shot.. No from leg but he was DRT

You don't shoot an ole boar in the shoulder plate ... just piss him off...

Not true . I have pulled many out the field the next day with shoulder shots.

No watch the Video again, He hit the ground after the SECOND shot. If he wanted to shoot the pig in the Brain he should have moved to the Front of the hog and shot him between the eyes, Not in the jaw, under the eyes and everywhere else he shot him. Idiot, obviously just figures shoot'em enough times and you'll eventually kill'em, good thing he has an Ar with a 25 round mag. As it is he put 7 in him while the video was taping. Needs to go to the Range more, and Learn where the Kill zones are. I personally wouldn't shoot for the shoulder on a hog that size, not with a .223.

looks to me like it falls before the second shot, could be lag in the audio or something though. either way there's alot of south ga farmers who would say thats some dam good shooting, and don't feel bad for the hog at all. we can't all be snipers.

looks to me like it falls before the second shot, could be lag in the audio or something though. either way there's alot of south ga farmers who would say thats some dam good shooting, and don't feel bad for the hog at all. we can't all be snipers.
Agreed with getting rid of the Nuisance. All I'm saying is a little more practice and learn the kill zones.

Back
Top Bottom