• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

do all police LIE ?

do all police LIE ?

• YES

Votes: 90 67.2%
  • NO

Votes: 44 32.8%

• Total voters
We all know they are allowed to lie. I believe poll was whether they do or not.

NEVER CONSENT TO A SEARCH and NEVER TALK WITHOUT A LAWYER. end of story.

If everybody knows then why the poll and shock?

I voted yes and I am an LEO

When I say yes I mean to a certain degree

You are telling me that innocent people never get locked up? Really?

So it's okay if LEO stoop to their level? It's what you seem to think or am I reading it wrong?

Anyway. NEVER CONSENT TO A SEARCH. Get a warrant.

Well yes there have been innocent people and it is a shame but it is not rampant and is actually a very minuscule percentage. Certainly not to the extent liberal media would have you believe, which seems to be what you have bought into. Are there dirty cops? Yes but few. Is our system perfect? No, but it's better here than anywhere else. Should we assume all cops are dirty because a few really are? I don't think so but sounds like most of y'all do.

Cops stooping to the level of criminals? Well, that's not what I wrote but if that's what you reading comprehension is you need practice. I suggested getting criminals to play honestly. But wait, if they were honest they might not be criminals. If you want to group cops with criminals for using lies in investigation techniques that's your option. But, I haven't heard of many cops committing murders, rapes, robberies, burglaries lately.

I have confidence in the vast majority of cops. I also a huge supporter of citizen rights (non felon) to posses and carry firearms. I've always thought police and honest armed citizens as being on the same side, but so many on this site are changing my opinion on that.

Ummm, how do you think stings and undercover work are carried out? Lies and more lies. The FBI agent etc. pretending to be a 13 year old girl is LYING! The DEA agent working undercover as a dealer is LYING! The only unfair fight is the one you lose! And folks this is a war believe it or not!

Yes I am an LEO. 30+ years now. I rarely read these threads as I am discouraged by the Law Abiding Citizens that bash law enforcement so much.

I will leave you with this thought from one of our last truly great presidents... “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

Well yes there have been innocent people and it is a shame but it is not rampant and is actually a very minuscule percentage. Certainly not to the extent liberal media would have you believe, which seems to be what you have bought into. Are there dirty cops? Yes but few. Is our system perfect? No, but it's better here than anywhere else. Should we assume all cops are dirty because a few really are? I don't think so but sounds like most of y'all do.

Cops stooping to the level of criminals? Well, that's not what I wrote but if that's what you reading comprehension is you need practice. I suggested getting criminals to play honestly. But wait, if they were honest they might not be criminals. If you want to group cops with criminals for using lies in investigation techniques that's your option. But, I haven't heard of many cops committing murders, rapes, robberies, burglaries lately.

I have confidence in the vast majority of cops. I also a huge supporter of citizen rights (non felon) to posses and carry firearms. I've always thought police and honest armed citizens as being on the same side, but so many on this site are changing my opinion on that.

Watch much TV or read a news paper? There are more than enough examples of cops gone bad, bad people being cops. Lots of ex-officers in jail for commiting the same crimes if not worse than the other crimnals they help lock up. Hell just a few weeks ago a macon area detective was arrested for indecent exposure. I guess the lady at the hair salon didn't know he was police and not capable of doing such things, WTFE. There is also the case of the few bad apples spoiling the bunch, true enough, by why don't the good apples go above and beyond to rid themselves of the rotten apples?

No body likes a TATTLE TALE and, like it or not police are professional TATTLE TALES. So.... haters gonna hate.

Police are just as guilty of the "us against them meantality" as any of the so called "LEO bashers on here".

Ummm, how do you think stings and undercover work are carried out? Lies and more lies. The FBI agent etc. pretending to be a 13 year old girl is LYING! The DEA agent working undercover as a dealer is LYING! The only unfair fight is the one you lose! And folks this is a war believe it or not!

Yes I am an LEO. 30+ years now. I rarely read these threads as I am discouraged by the Law Abiding Citizens that bash law enforcement so much.

I will leave you with this thought from one of our last truly great presidents... “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

Good post. The main reason that we have LEO haters is the fact that everyone wants to post the new video, or news article, of what the LEO did wrong, not the video or news story of one actually helping someone (which against popular belief, does happen). There are corrupt officials in EVERY profession, we just get put in the spotlight more than others. But I will say this, there is no such thing as a corrupt police officer, because if he (or she) is corrupt, then they're not a police officer.

Watch much TV or read a news paper? There are more than enough examples of cops gone bad, bad people being cops. Lots of ex-officers in jail for commiting the same crimes if not worse than the other crimnals they help lock up. Hell just a few weeks ago a macon area detective was arrested for indecent exposure. I guess the lady at the hair salon didn't know he was police and not capable of doing such things, WTFE. There is also the case of the few bad apples spoiling the bunch, true enough, by why don't the good apples go above and beyond to rid themselves of the rotten apples?

No body likes a TATTLE TALE and, like it or not police are professional TATTLE TALES. So.... haters gonna hate.

Police are just as guilty of the "us against them meantality" as any of the so called "LEO bashers on here".

Sir, when an officer commits a crime or performs some other illegal or immoral act or violates his oath no one wants that bad apple removed more than those of us who have worked long and honorably at our profession. I have personally testified against officers who violated their oath of office and the law. Oops, guess that makes me a "tattletale". And you said it best when you said "ex-officers" and "in jail". How about the dishonest, criminal mechanic or plumber or electrician, professional football player,etc.? When they serve their time they can return to their profession. Thankfully when a police officer commits a criminal act and is tried and convicted we do not have to worry that he will ever be a police officer again. The higher standard applies and I am thankful for it.

And by the way the only "them" I am against are those who are violating the law.

Lastly, for those who would quote the old theme of "To Protect and Serve", I recommend that you research that statement a little further because it means to serve and protect the laws of society not any one individual. How can I "Protect and Serve" you if I am arresting you and putting you in jail?

Back
Top Bottom