• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do y’all use the RMR Sealing plate?

npeters7

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
5   0
Reaction score
I am in the process of having my Glocks slide cut by Renatus for a RMR to mount to.. I purchased the Trijicon Type 2 rmr for mine but I have read a few places about this sealing plate that doesn’t come with the Rmr but should be used.. Is this a item I should buy and use or is it something that isn’t necessary unless you are using the Type 1 rmr with the flicker issue?

Just wondering what everyone uses with their RMR setups

I use it also, on an FNX. Just looking at the bottom and what I was putting it on, there was no way it would seal well without the plate.

Annoying to order because of shipping but I waited until i was getting something else too.

Isnt the sealing plate for the Type 2s for better submersion?

I have read it is for submerging for up to an hour. Which I don’t plan on doing, but if it is to seal to the gun and make it not flicker then that is something different. I hear it’s a thin piece of metal.. I thought it would be a rubber gasket when it’s made for submerging

I have read it is for submerging for up to an hour. Which I don’t plan on doing, but if it is to seal to the gun and make it not flicker then that is something different. I hear it’s a thin piece of metal.. I thought it would be a rubber gasket when it’s made for submerging

Ok so I wasnt sure what you were asking about the plate for. Per Trijicon an anti flicker plate should not be used with the Type 2 RMR. They changed the battery compartment on the Type 2 so you dont need the anti-flicker plate, in fact it could work against the newly designed Type 2 battery compartment. They do make a plain flat sealing plate you can use with the Type 2 for better submersion.

This is the plate.

It adds virtually no bulk. Just get it and don’t look back.

D4546334-07CA-436A-B978-CBDE2AFB7B9D.jpeg
C412A703-9470-40C1-BFB7-D2DF9CA1A420.png

Back
Top Bottom