Do you ever practice shooting your carry pistol WITHOUT ear protection?

Do you ever practice shooting your carry pistol without ear protection

• Total voters
No, I already have a steady ringing in my ears from not wearing hearing protection when I was younger. Believe me, if it comes time to have to use it, the loud noise won't matter one little bit.

There aint no place around here to freakin shoot outdoors or I probably would. And hell naw, I aint takin my ears off inside Stoddards.

i did have my wife shoot her .38 outside once with no hearing protection so she understood what it would be like. we have gone over car jacking attempts/home intrusions and i explained how that was going to go too so we are real world in managing expectations.

I don't shoot without hearing protection. Ever. Hearing doesn't come back after you lose it.

Oh, and also because my AR's have muzzle brakes. So I wear foam plugs inside of ear muffs. Double protection.

I've been shooting for almost 30 years and I have the constant ringing to prove it.

I even take plugs hunting nowadays. I can put them in pretty quickly. It has never been a detriment to my hunting.

I have shot my 9mm at the range without hearing protection but certainly not under the shelter where it traps the sound and amplifies it. I might shoot a magazine through it, but certainly not 100 rounds.

What you can expect if you do it very often is to have to lay out abut 6,000.00 for hearing aids when you get about 50 yrs.old.
Yes, I have a set of them.

Back
Top Bottom