• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you guys have a friend like this??

Most of us have friends and/or relatives who are pains in the ass. One of my best friends asked if I would want to start a business with him and I told him no and why I wouldn’t ever do something like that with him. We can love and respect people while knowing full well there’s no way on earth we want to be in certain situations with them.

I just called him and asked how the ribeye steak cuts he got in the deal tasted. He said that he was marinating them for supper tonight, but he was concerned that “there wasn’t in marble in them”. He said steaks should have good marble in them to be good. Richard said the steaks he gets from Publix (which his tight ass rarely buys) are “to die for”.

Tell him Publix steaks are for poors trying to show off. If it’s not Wagyu beef fresh from a butcher shop then it’s not even worth wasting the charcoal for :lol:

I don't have the heart to cut him out of the only friend he has. I promise you I am his only friend. His children don't even like him.
I am sorry to hear this. I understand what you're saying. Kudos on you. Just remember life is short and you deserve to be happy as well. Toxic people only breed toxicity. I've been around it most of my life and pretty much refuse to do so anymore. It's bad on your health mentally and physically.

Recently, a family member that raises cattle agreed to sell me a beef to have slaughtered and processed at a fair price. Because I don’t have enough freezer space for a whole beef, I found 3 other families interested in quartering the beef. One of these families is headed by my good friend, who we will call Richard cranium. Richard is a good guy, but the type that can never be satisfied on any business deal. No know that type, the one that goes to a restaurant and complains about the food and stiffs the waitress on the tip. His wife isn’t much better as well. Good people, but you see where I’m going.

Richard picks up his part of the beef and cooks T-bone steak from it the next day. I asked him how it was and he says it was “tough”, “chewy”, and “full of gristle”. Said it must have been an “older cow”, which it wasn’t. I have another family that has bought beef from my family member before and has offered to buy Richard’s part since he isn’t happy with it. Richard and wife said they’d “think about it”.

I was pondering the above and was curious if you guys ever had a friend like Richard. Nothing is never right and can find fault in everything.
That'd be the last time I offered him a deal like that

You were the last to walk away and got stuck with him. I think it’s obvious why he is lonely and he deserves it. When you spend your life being negative and making others miserable you wind up alone. You don’t owe him anything.
One of my biggest fears is dying alone due to my apathy pushing others away.
I worked hard at not being alone when I was younger. Sometimes you just need to be happy where and who you are

My best friend of 25 years. I want to punch him in the mouth sometimes. Hes been like this since 6th grade, but as he gets older it only seems to get more amplified. The rest of my close friends have all become focused and mellow, he has become more hard headed. He has to be right, have the last word, and be the center of attention over the most meaningless, miniscule stuff. Its weird.

I only say that to say youre not alone.
Through life people evolve from point A to B. Unfortunately people grow apart. And sometimes to such a degree you need to separate and go your separate ways

Sometimes being a friend means telling someone they're being an insufferable Richard. It might be easier to cut someone out of your life, and it might come to that, but sometimes people need to hear it when they're acting that way.

I called Richard back today and told him that if he wasn’t satisfied with the beef, I had another man that would take it off his hands. Surprisingly he stated he and has wife “decided to keep it” because of the good deal they received (around $4.40 a lb for steaks, roasts, hamburger, etc). I told him, “that’s what I thought you’d say”.

Back
Top Bottom