Do you support legalizing all NFA items for everyone?

Do you support legalizing all NFA items for everyone?

• Total voters
1) I don't think prison, by any measure, protects someone's life. Without looking at the data, I bet the life expectancy in prison is even shorter than it is in the ghetto, and I know it is shorter than in the general community. 2) Who is going to pay for all this incarceration of every person who "cannot be trusted in society with a firearm?" I guess we'll have to raise taxes. 3) Who is the arbiter of whether someone can be trusted with a machine gun (and is thus eligible for release)? Pardons and Parole? So you're going to empower an appointed body to be the decision-maker as to who can own a machine gun? That sounds an awful lot like the system currently in place.

The difference is in the pokey we can prevent them aquiring that machinegun. On the street we can do no such thing.

It's a logical extension (albeit an extreme one, but nonetheless logical) given the proposition that all NFA items should be legal for everyone. Is it the age of the owner? Because I thought "everyone means everyone?" Just because your proposition creates the potential for absurd results, is it necessarily an emotional thing to evaluate the proposition up to and including its extremes, or is that just academic rigor? Honestly, I think your responses to the picture are just as emotional as the post itself, if not more so-- under the original proposition, this is a potential outcome, but your respective feelings got hurt when I pointed it out.

It's a logical extension (albeit an extreme one, but nonetheless logical) given the proposition that all NFA items should be legal for everyone. Is it the age of the owner? Because I thought "everyone means everyone?" Just because your proposition creates the potential for absurd results, is it necessarily an emotional thing to evaluate the proposition up to and including its extremes, or is that just academic rigor. Honestly, I think your responses to the picture are just as emotional as the post itself-- under the original proposition, this is a potential outcome, but your respective feelings got hurt when I pointed it out.

Bull****. It is meant to draw emotions.

There is nothing intellectual about it.

Back
Top Bottom