• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you waste ammo shooting paper or steel?

I shoot frequently (a couple of times a week) and I do it because a) it is fun, and b) to keep my muscle memory sharp. My goal is to put 50 rounds rapid fire in a three inch circle at 25 feet without having to think about it - just sight and go. No, the target isn't shooting back but I HOPE that if I ever have to point the gun at a bad guy the mechanics of shooting with come naturally in spite of adrenaline.

if by wasting ammo you mean confidence, proven reliability, actual feel for my defensive ammo, practicing reloads under some sort of stress, point of aim point of impact, low light, drawing from a holster or concealment, then yes... I WASTE AMMO AND TIME. my pistol reliability needs are 1 malfunction per 1,000 rounds fired before i trust a pistol to protect me and mine. i will be ready as i can be if the need arises however. if the OP feels its a waste, your opinion is respected and yours alone. i will continue to practise, train, and enjoy the sound of steel ringing out early in the morn, and till i run outta ammo or stamina... JMHO, $0.02.

I do, and I get your meaning and yes riding does make me a more proficient rider. But when it comes to shooting I can't get better than perfect.

Yes, I piss excellence. ;)
Are you a veteran or LEO? If so have you ever been shot at or had to shoot at someone? If no to both you need to put your ego in check as the dynamics of an armed confrontation change drastically in how you respond on all fronts.

Color me confused. Don't you claim all your rifles are sub-MOA and buy expensive components for accuracy? Why do you do all of that if you're not a good shot?
When you fix yourself something to eat do you want it to taste like sh*t or do you want to have something that taste great with every bite. I can shoot small groups but like golf I don't shoot a 72 every time I play. When I say I am not a good shooter it means that I am not good enough to be at a competitive level. I like to know it's me screwing up and not the rifle.

firearms are made to shoot, all the mosins I have a re shot within a 3 month period over the weekends. shooting ammo isn't wasting it is haveing fun and staying keeping up your skill.

those that live in a area they can;t shoot i understand not shooting much though

Back
Top Bottom