• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone really give a rip about bump-stocks being banned?

I don't care about no damn bump stocks I just want my legal weed:hat:
And the ban from owning weapons that comes with the legality.

I’d be willing to bet that there are many, and I mean MANY people that would trade their gun and protection rights away for the legalization of marijuana...

Reactions: STI
And the ban from owning weapons that comes with the legality.

I’d be willing to bet that there are many, and I mean MANY people that would trade their gun and protection rights away for the legalization of marijuana...
I'm definitely not one of those people I just want to legally be allowed to unwind after busting my ass for 60 hours without destroying my liver

You old. Lawn darts ain't banned. Sellers stopped selling because they didn't want to pay for little Timmy to have the dart pulled out of his head. Timmy was asking for it.

Lawn darts have been BANNED from production, sale, distribution, in the USA, for over 30 years.
That's the federal government at work.
Big Brother says they're not safe enough for the great unwashed masses to play with.
This took place during the Ronald Reagan administration, too. So much for the Gipper being a liberty-loving small-government conservative. He was, primarily, a Republican, and the GOP party also wants to tell you how to run your life and your business.

https://www.cpsc.gov/s3fs-public/5053.pdf

The only way you can say that lawn darts aren't "banned" is that it's not a crime to keep the ones you already acquired before the federal ban came. You are grandfathered-in.

I have to say, that giving children weighted javelins to throw up in the air, and hoping that nothing goes wrong, might not be the best toy in the world...

We can all huff and puff about "Gubment!" and that... but when your kid gets his skull skewered by a neighbor's lawn dart, you will likely change your tune... On the plus side, you can take that money you were setting aside for his college tuition and go blow it on a sports car... but still...

So put the burden on kids' parents to monitor their kids use, or even being around things like that.
Lawn darts, archery sets (even the kiddie ones with 15-lb. draw weight bows with 22" arrow shafts), steel horse shoes (for throwing). BB guns, etc.

Don't stop everybody from buying the products that some small subset of our society cannot be trusted to safely use (like young kids, or drunken adults).

So put the burden on kids' parents to monitor their kids use, or even being around things like that.
Lawn darts, archery sets (even the kiddie ones with 15-lb. draw weight bows with 22" arrow shafts), steel horse shoes (for throwing). BB guns, etc.

Don't stop everybody from buying the products that some small subset of our society cannot be trusted to safely use (like young kids, or drunken adults).

If we lived in a society that didn't sue anyone and everyone over the slightest thing, I might agree with you there... We award people money for spilling coffee on themselves... what do you expect?

Having sports equipment companies (manufacturers, importers, and distributors) quit selling lawn darts out of fear of legal liability, as Karlvv30 thought had happened, would be bad, but NOT AS BAD as a federal agency using its police power to forcibly stop these participants in the free market from making their own risk-benefit analysis about the products they should carry.
Direct government intervention is worse than indirect influence of the free market through court rulings on liability in cases where innocent people actually are hurt.

Back
Top Bottom