Does caliber even matter?

If caliber doesn't matter anybody want to trade a G19 for my G23?

I actually did that with my old G23 and G27 for new G19 and G26. MUCH easier to shoot faster and more accurately (especially for my wife), which was my driving factor. The additional capacity was a nice bonus too.

Flipped through the first couple pages in this thread and no one that carries anything other than 9mm wants to talk about recoil, capacity, or cost. There's a reason why people are flocking to 9mm in droves these days, and it's not because the .45/10mm/.40 guys are smarter.

As for the ballistics gel crap, if they can't even reference the specific round being fired (which any scientific mind would do), I have little faith in the results.

Flipped through the first couple pages in this thread and no one that carries anything other than 9mm wants to talk about recoil, capacity, or cost. There's a reason why people are flocking to 9mm in droves these days, and it's not because the .45/10mm/.40 guys are smarter.

As for the ballistics gel crap, if they can't even reference the specific round being fired (which any scientific mind would do), I have little faith in the results.

I agree, and will add that there are many real life differences with shooting gel and a live human body. I carry a G22 because it is still a good caliber, ammo is abundant and not very expensive, and I got the gun for $299. I can also shoot it fairly accurate. I am not a great hand gunner.. If I had found a G17 or G19 for $299 at the time I bought this G22 I would have bought one of those. 9mm is more pleasant to shoot and will definitely do the job. Higher capacity is always a plus too, although my G22 holds 15+1 so that is still very good. Shot placement is the key, always...I have shot only who knows how many deer over the years, and tracked, dragged, and skinned out tons of deer for others as well, and by those experiences alone with deer rifle calibers I believe accuracy matters the most, no matter which hand gun caliber you may be using. Two totally different animals, and totally different types of guns, I know, but if a bad shot is made on a deer using a high powered rifle and the animal survives then a bad shot with a handgun will not take out a human no matter the caliber. And vice versa with a good shot. That's what I believe, anyway. The caliber debate is almost completely null and void to my way of thinking these days.

Back
Top Bottom