• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does it piss you off!

From what I read, the seller excepted a price deal. When the OP wanted to negotiate a date and time the seller said it was first come first serve.

The deal wasn’t finished. The seller did not go back on a deal. The OP appears to assume the seller would/could be at his beck and call and should meet anytime and date the OP wanted.

I don’t see how the seller is wrong here, although I am basing this from what the OP said.
Just because something isn't against the rules doesn't mean it isn't something to vent about.
A lot of things that are rude or lack of respect/courtesy aren't illegal.

Just because something isn't against the rules doesn't mean it isn't something to vent about.
A lot of things that are rude or lack of respect/courtesy aren't illegal.
I see the buyer as rude, to expect the seller to jump at his whim. If the OP couldn’t meet for a few days he would have been polite to explain that from the start.
Two days isn’t crazy or anything, but still part of a negotiation not part of a buyers demand.

I’ve held stuff and had stuff held for me as well, but if it wasn’t except-able then I wouldn’t have thought that to be a rude gesture.
Most here are just Hobbyists and a little time is no big deal, but there are those that are selling to pay a bill or to help someone.

I usually start my negotiating with something like this... “If we make a deal, where and when could we meet?”
Too many times I’ve bartered a trade only to find out we couldn’t make a meet work.

The very day this started, I loaned a friend 250 bucks and she needed it that afternoon.
A grown woman with grown kids and a good job.

Things come up and she is the only person to EVER watch my kids.
(Daycare and Public school aside)
Don't freak out, mom's watching the newest one and home school for all next year.

I'd of given her the other 250 but another friend helped her out as well.
Sometimes things come up.

And you were told correctly... where off of exit 93 the grassy knoll between the on and off ramp? and Sat AM is 12 hours long so if the guy showed up at 0001 and you showed up at 0700?

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't finish. We agreed to touch base by phone that Sat. am to set the exact time to the second and the location to the exact latitude and longitude.

He also screwed up his phone number he sent me, but didn't bother contacting me.

As palmettomoon has stated many times before, Auction site. lol Bidder be ware.

Asking price at the I-20 exit #93 Saturday AM is neither a time or a place, or so I've been told.

There's no such thing as Neg. FB if shipping is involved. If the buyer doesn't send payment as agreed upon for a shipped item, and you agree for it's return, (or just say to hell with it so your Neg will stick) then that's just doing business as usual, in the eyes of some. lol

One lame excuse and lie after another. I have found that most coincidences are just lies.

I've personally been very lucky here with meeting and dealing with forthright and honest folks. I've had a few Craigsfacers over the years but I ignore them after they expose their douchenozzle natures. 98% have been great comms AND I've not had a "no show" or ridiculously late meet. The rules, such as they are, tend to protect the fickle and more weasel like subset of neckbeards here. But that's the rules, gotta live by them and the whims of others.

I've personally been very lucky here with meeting and dealing with forthright and honest folks. I've had a few Craigsfacers over the years but I ignore them after they expose their douchenozzle natures. 98% have been great comms AND I've not had a "no show" or ridiculously late meet. The rules, such as they are, tend to protect the fickle and more weasel like subset of neckbeards here. But that's the rules, gotta live by them and the whims of others.

I've never been stood up either. I also realize that an emergency could supersede a trading deal on the ODT. That's why I insist on trading phone numbers and touching base before either party leaves for the meet.

I have well over 200 members on Ignore due to their lameass lack of communication skills or just blatant lies the try to pass off as excuses. A 20 gauge shotgun ( pump, semi auto, or SxS) = moron magnet. lol

Sailors? For sail? Really?
LOL, I never said there was a problem. I said the OP's bid wasn't high enough for the cellar to actually put the item "on hold." Sailors are always free to agree to sail an item then accept a better/higher/closer offer. There is no rule here like other websites where you say "I'll take it." and that's it. Done deal.

I'm not complaining. I've outbid other members here.

Back
Top Bottom