• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does Midway annoy anyone else?

Yeah I quit using Midway a while ago, mainly because of their high shipping, but a few other things annoyed me as well like the emails.

When I want to go to a "carry a lot of products" retailer, Brownells is my choice. Plus they have the best return policy in the business, "Our Promise To Our Customers: Your satisfaction is GUARANTEED - Period. If you aren’t completely, 100% satisfied with any item you purchased from us for any reason return it for a full refund or exchange.

We Guarantee Your Satisfaction 100%-Forever!"

I use to love midway. Now I don't buy from them. **** you and your panic green tip prices. Worse of all is their insane shipping prices along with their "service charge " for low priced items. They charged me 12.50 for shipping once and messed up by shipping it with a label with a 5.29 price stamp. No thanks

I quit them too after they sent me (and charged me for) a rifle barrel I did not order... Then, they wanted me to pay to ship it back to them rather than send a call tag. Said they could not send a call tag since they shipped it USPS smart post... Then they offered me $12 credit to send back a barrel that I did not order ... that USPS quoted $15 to ship by the way ... When I said I was not coming out of pocket to send them something I did not order they said they would drop me as a customer... I opened a credit card dispute to get my money back since they charged my card which was on file and they indeed closed my account and dropped me as a customer:doh:

I'm a midway fan. Good pricing on most accessories and lighting quick shipping.

If you want to get free shipping, just buy some low cost item that's mildly useful (that offers free shipping). These items start as Low as $2.99 and your entire order ships for free... with as low as a $25 order.

http://www.midwayusa.com/freeshipping

I don't use them very often anymore. But I'd rather use them than cheaper than dirt, ctd has sent the wrong items numerous times. Or the description/part number was inaccurate. Hassle returning and then waiting 10 days for payment return.

Midway has never messed up an order for "me". But their prices have gone up higher lately.

I now use:
Joeboboutfitters.com
primaryarms.com
aimsurplus.com
westernsport.com

In that order. The first two always ship same day if ordered before 2pm est. One of the two have always had the item I've been looking for. +1 for Joe Bob's free shipping and phone services.

I'm a fan. Been shopping with them for years. Dies, reloading stuff plus odds and ends. Love the fast shipping. I especially like the email notices for items back in stock. I've been jumping on that stuff.

They are a lot of work... and it does drive me nuts when I have to buy extra stuff because the items I already bought were the wrong 'type' to get the free or reduced cost shipping. I've abandoned a few carts there when that came up.

I honestly can't remember the last time I got an email from them that wasn't directly about an order though. I must have turned them off or something.

Them and Brownells are my two 'go-to' stores though, and Midway consistently has better pricing.

As for the emails, they don't bother me at all. Sometimes it's good info and at worst a single press of the delete key and its gone.

Back
Top Bottom