• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does this site ever ban members based on feedback?

It is ok to lie, cheat, and steal,

"ok" is a subjective term, but morals aren't within the scope of things I have to be concerned with.

but if you call these folks out,

This is within the scope of things I have to be concerned with. See, now we're getting somewhere.

Rules are rules. I got another question , the rules are they = "democracy" (vote) or more like for lack of better words "dictator". Before I'm accused of treason; I know you guys have been doin this for a while and I Love this place. Just wondering , for realz

That's exactly why banning them doesn't make sense. When you do that, they just attempt to come back with a different username, which in theory takes you from a user with bad feedback so you at least know what you're dealing with to a new user with a clean slate. Now, the majority of the time we catch the new account and ban that one too, but it still defeats the purpose.

By "most of the time", do you mean "hardly ever"?

Rules are rules. I got another question , the rules are they = "democracy" (vote) or more like for lack of better words "dictator". Before I'm accused of treason; I know you guys have been doin this for a while and I Love this place. Just wondering , for realz

Okuma Steve asks for feedback and suggestions periodically, and listens to it even when it's not solicited, but at the end of the day it's his house and he makes the rules.

Because you clearly have such extensive knowledge of how many members create multiple accounts and how many of those get subsequently caught and banned?

I'm personally aware of two members who had at least two accounts each. Neither was banned but their 2nd account was eliminated.

Back
Top Bottom