• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does your AR eat steel?

Does your AR eat steel

• Yes it eats steel

Votes: 41 66.1%
  • No must feed brass

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Tortilla Jacketed lettuce and beef point

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
Wolf Military classic would not run through my Colt, but ran fine through my DTI built gun...

I have not used any thing other then brass in .223/5.56 in some time now though.

My BCM upper chews it up and spits it out. My DPMS didn't like it.

Have a buddy who would FTE after one trigger pull with it in his DelTon because the extractor wouldn't grab. He switched bolts and it worked fine after that.

I have had everything from a cheap 500 kit AR's to 1200 colts...every single one ate whatever I fed them. Granit a normal shooting session is only 60-300 rounds and I clean them throughly after each outing...but I never had a problem.

i've tried wolf in my cmmg and delton. they both will cycle but i eventually end up with stuck cases in the chamber. only way to remove is jamming a rod down the barrel. no fun. it just isn't worth the savings to me, and i'm cheap.

My stag doesn't like steel cased.dpms eats anything.

Must be nice...My DPMS nearly died from steel case. BANG! BANG! ...crickets chirping....Me cussing!!!

The damn thing convinced me to buy a steel rod GI cleaning kit by destroying my aluminum rod trying to get a steel case out of the chamber.

My BCM upper chews it up and spits it out. My DPMS didn't like it.

Have a buddy who would FTE after one trigger pull with it in his DelTon because the extractor wouldn't grab. He switched bolts and it worked fine after that.

My DTI HBAR ate steel and belched fire! Too bad the barrel weighed more than the front clip from a 72 El Dorado.

"My DTI HBAR ate steel and belched fire! Too bad the barrel weighed more than the front clip from a 72 El Dorado"

LOL!

Back
Top Bottom