• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DOJ: Albuquerque police used 'patterns of excessive force'

So what was it, 20+ incidents? Do you honestly believe that there were no valid complaints until this last incident? I would believe that there are false incidents, like the person who was a career criminal and ends up getting gunned down, but mom turns around on the news and says how good the boy was. Of these 20+, I would think that at least one of them was valid. But, I am also not one that thinks that LEO is ALWAYS right. But I would also believe at least some of these were trumped up and should have been thrown out.

BTW: Serfs were not forced to work. They would be thrown off the land, but it wasn't forced labor. I am sure at times it was, but not always.

I have no idea about the validity of any of the complaints. All or none could be valid. The odds are that there a few (don't ask me to be more specific please) that really need to be investigated further to validate or not the decision to use deadly force. It is also entirely possible that every one of the incidents were handled with the correct application of force.

IMHO the problem the DOJ has with Albuquerque is the volume/number of cases of use of force. "How can it possibly be justified to have used deadly force in so many cases in a three year period in America" is there line of thinking. And while there involvement may indeed uncover abuse of force incidents, their naivety about the state of violence in American cities speaks volumes.

I am tried of debating the serf thing, so I will not comment further on that, other than to say I am not a Serf!:drum:

I have no idea about the validity of any of the complaints. All or none could be valid. The odds are that there a few (don't ask me to be more specific please) that really need to be investigated further to validate or not the decision to use deadly force. It is also entirely possible that every one of the incidents were handled with the correct application of force.

IMHO the problem the DOJ has with Albuquerque is the volume/number of cases of use of force. "How can it possibly be justified to have used deadly force in so many cases in a three year period in America" is there line of thinking. And while there involvement may indeed uncover abuse of force incidents, their naivety about the state of violence in American cities speaks volumes.

I am tried of debating the serf thing, so I will not comment further on that, other than to say I am not a Serf!:drum:

And is it possible that a large number of them are valid and have not be investigated properly? Is it possible that the local LE investigated these incidents as ardently as the Feds investigated the IRS, Fast & Furious, Benghazi, etc., etc. etc. and determined there was no wrong doing? And if they were investigated that good, then there should be no fear of the Feds, their fellow Law Enforcement people, investigating these incidents to make the people happy.

Possible? Anything is possible.

So, if it is possible, how do normal citizens go about dealing with issues of excessive force, which was where the whole serf thing came from..

Not speaking about this incident directly, but as a general rule. What power does the average citizen have to deal with with a LEO who may be out of control? What power currently resides in the hands of the citizens of this nation have to resort to if LEO may be out of control and the people believe it is not being dealt with?

So, if it is possible, how do normal citizens go about dealing with issues of excessive force, which was where the whole serf thing came from..

Not speaking about this incident directly, but as a general rule. What power does the average citizen have to deal with with a LEO who may be out of control? What power currently resides in the hands of the citizens of this nation have to resort to if LEO may be out of control and the people believe it is not being dealt with?

OK, now we are starting to circle the bowl.......see post #18 for my answer.

OK, now we are starting to circle the bowl.......see post #18 for my answer.

No we are not. You answered how individual instances can be reported. And you mention law suites.

My question was about when the people feel their complaints are not being addressed. Law suites aren't going to fix that, it isn't like the LEOs involved have to pay for that stuff. And when the city/county go broke from paying out for law suites, who pays for that? The citizens, either with more tax money or less police force.

No we are not. You answered how individual instances can be reported. And you mention law suites.

My question was about when the people feel their complaints are not being addressed. Law suites aren't going to fix that, it isn't like the LEOs involved have to pay for that stuff. And when the city/county go broke from paying out for law suites, who pays for that? The citizens, either with more tax money or less police force.

Now you want me to answer what one is supposed to do when they file a complaint, it is investaged or maybe even ends up in court, and it is not decided the way the complainent wants? I am not here to solve all the problems you precieve to be plaging this country and the world.

Now you want me to answer what one is supposed to do when they file a complaint, it is investaged or maybe even ends up in court, and it is not decided the way the complainent wants? I am not here to solve all the problems you precieve to be plaging this country and the world.

That isn't the question, but I am tired of trying to word it in a way you can understand...

Back
Top Bottom