• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dreaded kimber question.

DaveTheMinion

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
94   1
Reaction score
Well, after reading I've heard some mixed reviews on kimbers, and this was my first time shooting my Kimber, as well as any 1911 in general, and haven't shot a .45 in forever, very use to 22 with the big ammo scare going on.

Anyways, I had 2 issues out of 50. THe first one, I'll take the blame for, I hit the slide stop during recoil.

The second one kind of perplexes me, because I can't find a definitive answer, or similar situation.

I had a round fail to fully eject, it wedged between the slide and top of barrel at an angle.

I'm going to list all human errors potentially made.

Limp wrist as I'm not use to shooting 45
Ammo used was independance.
Belive gun is still in break in period.
Magazines were kim pro tac mag

Other than that, I didn't have any issues.
Is it a shooter error? I've seen glocks that have jammed similar due to limp wristing, but have heard that it's impossible to induce a limp wrist malfunction on a 1911.

You are used to shooting guns which don't require the high grip a 1911 requires.
You are shooting a Kimber which are known to have problems.
You are shooting a short slide 1911 which are known to have problems.
You are probably not using a high quality magazine which is known to cause problems.

Yep, sounds like a recipe for a stoppage. I'm kinda shocked that you only had two.

;)

Put about ~250 more rounds downrange with it before you invite the wrath of the Internet or make any further assessment. If you bought it new, it should've told you that in the manual/information insert.

You are used to shooting guns which don't require the high grip a 1911 requires.
You are probably not using a high quality magazine which is known to cause problems.

Yep, sounds like a recipe for a stoppage. I'm kinda shocked that you only had two.

;)

Ill second this notion

;)

NWS, would an improper grip/flinch cause this type of malfunction?

- - - Updated - - -

Limp writing.....this never happened on all the other 1911's you've owned?

Never gave them a chance, traded em off.
So it's not true that 1911's can't be limp wristed?

You need to run at least 500 rounds to break in your Kimber. I have a Kimber and had a couple of rounds do the same thing as yours did but after the break in period I have not had a problem since.

Back
Top Bottom