• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dreaded kimber question.

You need to run at least 500 rounds to break in your Kimber. I have a Kimber and had a couple of rounds do the same thing as yours did but after the break in period I have not had a problem since.

I've also heard that it needs the proper spring in the 4" model as kimber used the 5" spring. But, a lot of the issues I hear is failure to return to full battery and such, if it's feeding fine, last thing I want to do is strengthen the recoil spring and it not run right.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys talking about needing to break in the gun ........ this isnt a new gun is it ?

No, but also doesn't look to be shot much.

You are used to shooting guns which don't require the high grip a 1911 requires.
You are shooting a Kimber which are known to have problems.
You are shooting a short slide 1911 which are known to have problems.
You are probably not using a high quality magazine which is known to cause problems.

Yep, sounds like a recipe for a stoppage. I'm kinda shocked that you only had two.

;)

The only point here that's 100% valid is the first ;)

I have hundreds of thousands of rounds through less than 5" 1911's, Kimbers and otherwise, and have found them equally reliable to full size 1911's. Kimpro magazines are just fine :thumb:

The only point here that's 100% valid is the first ;)

I have hundreds of thousands of rounds through less than 5" 1911's, Kimbers and otherwise, and have found them equally reliable to full size 1911's. Kimpro magazines are just fine :thumb:

I gotta call BS on that one. I don't think many people are in a financial position to put hundreds of thousands of rounds through a 1911 in a lifetime. Anything "Kimpro" is junk.

I gotta call BS on that one. I don't think many people are in a financial position to put hundreds of thousands of rounds through a 1911 in a lifetime. Anything "Kimpro" is junk.

Call BS all you like...I've been building and shooting 1911's for two decades. :thumb:

As to Kimpro being "junk," it's not a hill I'm willing to die on, but I've had several of their mags and they haven't been any better or worse than any other mag in the range bag. Just my experience though...your mileage may vary.

Call BS all you like...I've been building and shooting 1911's for two decades. :thumb:

As to Kimpro being "junk," it's not a hill I'm willing to die on, but I've had several of their mags and they haven't been any better or worse than any other mag in the range bag. Just my experience though...your mileage may vary.

Even at what it cost me to reload 45 ACP 5 years ago (last time I purchased components) it would cost me around 18,000 dollars to reload 100000 rounds not to mention the time it would take to reload them, shoot them, and maintain the firearms I was shooting them through.

Saying you have shot hundreds of thousands of rounds through 1911's less than 5" implies that you have fired at least 200000 rounds through 1911's shorter than 5".

So you are saying that over the last two decades you have spent over 30,000 dollars (minimum) just on ammo to be shot through 1911's shorter than 5"? This of course would not include the cost of ammo shot through 5" 1911s, other guns, calibers, etc.

Wow, I'm impressed. I had no idea you were so wealthy. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom