• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EMP and electronic gun safes...

I don't think this is accurate. I believe the EMP will overload existing circuits and anything capable of being destroyed by a highly charged power source hitting the system. In effect, and EMP is it's own power source... and will wreak havoc on all systems dependent on small circuit design whether they have a power source or not at the time.

If the EMP is powerful enough, it will blow transformers instantly, so it's not necessarily small circuits.

If the below statement were true, then you could simply unhook your car battery and everything will be ok. In reality, you need to have a replacement battery, a replacement wiring kit, a computer, new solenoids, etc, etc. all stored and protected in a faraday cage.

From an engineering stand point, I don't think circuits off the grid or not otherwise powered at the time of an EMP blast would be affected... So take the batteries out of the electronic lock and you should be fine. Having said that, I feel an email to Granite Safe Co.'s customer service coming on.

Back
Top Bottom