• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

entry level ar-15

Whatever. From what I've read on that forum - apparently if it ain't Noveske, DD, Colt, or maybe BCM - then it's s***. Those guys are the absolute worst bunch of AR snobs you'll find.

Couldn't have said it better! That place is full of fanboys worse than the Glock lovers here.

It's awful. They're perfectly pleasant...IF you can get ahold of them. IF they call you back. Most of the time your calls go directly to voice mail. I've been dealing with them for weeks now on a refund...finally got A refund...for the wrong amount. Just start a thread about PSA customer service and I promise you'll get a bunch of good stories, lol.

Growing pains, they had a wonderful business model, and then it got bigger than they were truly ready for, and they are now experiencing the growing pains of that, it will eventually catchup.

I don't see this having been asked yet, but before I would even start looking at different brands, what are you wanting to do with the rifle? If its just to punch paper or as a range toy then really most anything will likely work though I still subscribe to the school of thought of buying quality. If its for any serious purpose then seriously look at quality rifles. Also having an idea of how much you wish to spend would be nice to know as well.
good question

im still trying to figure it out myself so to speak, being the ar platform is very easily customized to the user. im use to shooting an m16 and i have an ak, so while i love the ak i think i would be better with an ar. i figure i wanna get a stock mil spec one then add on to it as time goes on.

i want it to be an all purpose rifle. i enjoy shooting, but i also look at recreational shooting as the best way to stay ready for combat and familiar with your firearm. eventually i will probably make the switch from the ak47 to the ar completly as my go to battle rifle

- - - Updated - - -

sounds like a bunch of snobs honestly

Growing pains, they had a wonderful business model, and then it got bigger than they were truly ready for, and they are now experiencing the growing pains of that, it will eventually catchup.

Yeah, PSA is a major overnight success....they had no idea that they would grow to the point that they are. They are still playing catch up.

Just remember, vis a vis customer service, that when you call them, it rings one phone in one room in an office. They are still very small for the presence they have in the community. I've never had an issue that I needed their customer service for so I can't speak to it, but just wanted to give you a little perspective on what I did know.

Long story short, they have really good quality stuff - so if your rifle doesn't have to say Daniel Defense on the magwell, PSA is a fine weapon.

say what you will about PSA (they can be slow to ship) that $699 complete rifle above has NO competition at that price point. that thing is rock solid.
Barrel: 16" chrome-lined mil-spec chrome moly vanadium barrel, chambered in 5.56 NATO, with a 1/7 twist, M4 barrel extension, and a carbine gas system. M4 style profile is phosphate coated to mil-specs, and is High Pressure tested, and Magnetic Particle inspected, to ensure quality and dependability. Barrel is finished off with a standard carbine hand guard, pinned f-marked front sight post, rear Magpul Back Up Sight, and A2 flash hider.

Upper: Forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is made to MIL-SPECS and hard coat anodized black for durability. Featuring machined T marks, and a mil-spec finish. These uppers are made for us right here in the USA by a mil-spec manufacturer, and are marked with the Palmetto State Armory logo on the left side, up front, just below the rail.

Bolt: Bolt is made of Mil-spec Carpenter 158 steel, Shot peened, and MPI. Gas key is secured with grade 8 fasteners and staked per mil-spec. Bolt carrier is parkerized outside, chrome lined inside.

Lower: These forged lowers are quality made using 7075-T6 aluminum and are marked "MULTI" for caliber. Finish is Black Hardcoat Anodize per MIL-8625 Type 3 class 2. Mil-spec sized buffer tube is forged of 7075 aluminum, is dry film lube coated on the inside, has 6 adjustment positions, is finished with a MOE stock and has a staked castle nut. Standard carbine buffer is Black anodized and has the PSA logo on the face. The standard PSA combat trigger has a smooth pull and clean break.

Nobody is saying Bushmaster, PSA, and other low tier AR's are TERRIBLE rifles. They go bang, and kill things as intended.

The point is that for an extra 200 dollars, you can buy a BCM which is 4x the rifle that's made from quality parts and craftsmanship.

What makes it 4x the rifle? What performance measurement are you using to justify that claim?

And for all the trash I talked about PSA, I just ordered more from them...complete lower built kit for $86 delivered...come on, you can't beat that.

What makes it 4x the rifle? What performance measurement are you using to justify that claim?

And for all the trash I talked about PSA, I just ordered more from them...complete lower built kit for $86 delivered...come on, you can't beat that.

I picked up two of those complete lower build kits to go along with the blem lowers I picked up a few weeks ago from them (I can't find a blem on them). Going to have less that $150 in a complete lower. Kinda hard to beat that!

Back
Top Bottom