• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Epic Road Trip for Kids Spring Break

I lived in Va for 10 years. Natural Bridge and Monticello are great. If you are in WV Pipestem and Bluestone are some of the most beautiful state parks you will ever see. Pipestem has a gorge and tram the little ones would enjoy.

I can't imagine anything my kids would have hated more than spending 7 days in a car and cheap hotels while looking at boring "history and nature" when they were young. It was all we could do to get them to go on the Freedom Trail in Boston. However, mine were boys and it was pre-Ipad days so no movies in the car. Maybe girls are different.

Hopefully it will be fun. That’s an awful long way and a lot to do. My dad was born in the white mountains of NH and we made a few trips back in the day and it was a loooooooonnnnnggggg drive.

Love the suggestions. I meant Stony Point, not Brook.

This is an 8/6/4 year old so diversity of experience, visiting every east coast state, logging miles traveled, and quick in/out is key. I also would want to spend much more time really visiting a place if it were just me. And screw the cities if it was just me.

We are tent camping the first two nights Shenandoah, the next night staying in a high end hotel in D.C. to the following night staying at a friends homestead in Stony Point. I have a kids oriented podcasts of each city we are "visiting" so we can breeze right through them. They really want to go to D.C. and Philly. My goal is to spend 8 daylight hours in those cities and dipping around avoiding traffic. We are skipping Boston and NYC, just driving by them.

Poor DWALK.....
boom-denzel.gif

Back
Top Bottom