• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Everything you ever wanted to know about the AR-15 (but were afraid to ask) FEATURING GREG VESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot tell if serious, but the buffer length controls how far the carrier can travel in the receiver. Using a std carbine length buffer in an A5 tube will allow the carrier to over travel and make contact with the lower receiver. Side by side in my LMT lower. Left is the A5 buffer, right is a standard H buffer in the A5 receiver extension.
View attachment 1575859
It was my understanding that the A5 system is not suppose to be mixed with other M4 parts. The buffer tube is longer, the spring is designed for that system as well as the buffer. You need to use dedicated buffer tube, spring and buffer. A regular M4 buffer tube is to short.

It was my understanding that the A5 system is not suppose to be mixed with other M4 parts. The buffer tube is longer, the spring is designed for that system as well as the buffer. You need to use dedicated buffer tube, spring and buffer. A regular M4 buffer tube is to short.
Spring is a std rifle length spring. A5 receiver extension and buffer are the only specific items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom