• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

Dude, it's helpful to hear from folks dealing with this issue around globe.

When you saw the link and read the word Australia, did yo mistaken it for America?
Except his only "issue" is that he thinks E.V. sport 'utes aren't ready YET for Australia's long distances between charging stations. I would tend to agree with him. But even he says that they will probably get there in the future - which is what we're talking about.

But again, I thought we were talking about America's future, not Australia's. We already know Australia's future; it's going to be a desert wasteland ruled by people that look like Fatal Bert's avatars blowing each other up because they can't find gasoline.

But on the other side of the mountain range, just out of camera view, there will be shining communities of happy, peaceful people travelling to and fro in their electric vehicles without a care in the world, unconcerned about the lack of petrol in the wastelands....

....OK, let's be honest here; after they let the government take away all their guns and lock them at home during the China Flu years they're probably doomed to devolve into Thunderdome one way or another.

No...ur not wrong. He's just stirring the pot to get people all riled up. These are the same threads he's been posting for
As u pointed out, it's all click bait material

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

To all Tesla owners :becky: :becky: :becky:
IMG_0015.jpeg

Some reasons why EVs are NOT America's future.

The high MSRP for the EVs
The almost total lack of infrastructure to support EVs
The rising cost of electricity needed to fill up the batteries in EVs
The fact that America's power grid is nowhere near up to the task
The fact that EVs are some of the worst when it comes to retaining their value

It would probably be a good bet to wager against the long-term viability of the EV market.

Some reasons why EVs are NOT America's future.

The high MSRP for the EVs
The almost total lack of infrastructure to support EVs
The rising cost of electricity needed to fill up the batteries in EVs
The fact that America's power grid is nowhere near up to the task
The fact that EVs are some of the worst when it comes to retaining their value

It would probably be a good bet to wager against the long-term viability of the EV market.
All of those are minor problems facing EV's in the present.

And the gap is rapidly closing on every single one of those issues at lightning speed (aka electric speed)

EV's ARE THE FUTURE

If we can secure them, every one of our salespeople will be driving one soon.

When the model S was still novel, the company I was with had a salesperson buy one and it paid for itself in a few months with leads generated from people walking up to him in parking lots and wanting to talk about it.

The guy was selling business VOIP telephone systems and because he had a unique trendy car and was a smooth talker with likable personality , he turned it into hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales by simply standing next to it in the Home Depot parking lot, Walmart parking lot, or his favorite honey hole which was parked in front of a gas station convenience store.

Came into work with quite a few thongs as a result of it too.

I hated that guy. He was the type of person who could get lost by himself thousands of miles from another human in the attic circle for a few hours and still manage to get laid with two different women while waiting to be rescued.
Funny, I once worked with a sales guy just like that. He could charm the panties off of a nun if he wanted to. Or as we'd actually say, he could sell ice to an Eskimo. Dumb as a box of rocks but one hell of a smooth talker. Not dumb in the sales sense, but like he could barely read/write, poor grammar, usually had to have somebody write up his quote for him, etc. Which they gladly did because of the money he brought in. He'd ask you to find one of his notes on his desk and you'd be looking for Memo pads but the notes were on a paper plate he'd had lunch on earlier... But he made millions in sales.

I once rode on a sales call with him and we stopped at this place that sold dirtbikes, four wheelers, the like and he wanted to look at some dirt bikes for his son. He left that place having sold them some new equipment and a service contract, and never bought a thing from them. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom