• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Eye Opening Open Carry Experience

My hunting buddy is the complete opposite.....he is Native American and has a very rough look about him and he get harassed by cops if he ever gets pulled over at those KGB checkpoints.

The fact that he open carries really freaks them out.....again, perception as he is the nicest, cleanest living guy on the planet....he just looks like an addict....LOL.

Does your buddy look like Machete?

machete_wiki.jpg

Everyone has the potential to be a threat. The guy you see openly carrying a handgun or printing is more than likely less of a threat than the guy standing beside him with his handgun in his waistband that you don't see. Do you take note of everyone around you the same as you do those who you know have a firearm? What about a knife in a sheath?
I'm the guy that doesn't sit in a restaurant with out a wall at my back and a view of the door. I don't miss anything.

I'm the guy that doesn't sit in a restaurant with out a wall at my back and a view of the door. I don't miss anything.

You are not alone. I do the same thing and the rest of my family hates it because i will wait for a table with a wall to my back. I absolutely hate sitting in church pews, and no one can understand why.

i was asked if i was an undercover cop by the mechanic when i took my car to get emission tested once, if someone sees open carry many just assume your a cop. it's kinda sad that's all it takes to be thought of as a cop really

As stated earlier, OC sometimes will detour a crime, before it happens. But most likely just makes you a perceived threat to the BGs plan, so he takes you out before the crime is carried out.

As stated earlier, OC sometimes will detour a crime, before it happens. But most likely just makes you a perceived threat to the BGs plan, so he takes you out before the crime is carried out.

Just wondering if you can supply a few example where that was the case.
Everyone wants to use that for a reason not to open carry, but I just don't see it.
Most video's I see of someone robbing a place, it sure doesn't appear that they are scoping everyone out.
In fact, it usually looks like they have tunnel vision, and get focused on the person behind the counter, or the money drawer/tv/jewelry itself.
I've seen several videos where a customer takes the bad guy by surprise, but not the other way around.

You are not alone. I do the same thing and the rest of my family hates it because i will wait for a table with a wall to my back. I absolutely hate sitting in church pews, and no one can understand why.

I quit my church because they filmed the service live for broadcast on the web and I did not want to be on camera like that as the creepy dude who ran the camera would pan the audience....that's just creepy to me.
Just let me sit in the back near the exit and leave me the heaven alone..LOL.

Last edited:
Just wondering if you can supply a few example where that was the case.
Everyone wants to use that for a reason not to open carry, but I just don't see it.
Most video's I see of someone robbing a place, it sure doesn't appear that they are scoping everyone out.
In fact, it usually looks like they have tunnel vision, and get focused on the person behind the counter, or the money drawer/tv/jewelry itself.
I've seen several videos where a customer takes the bad guy by surprise, but not the other way around.

Here are a few supporting articles for you. From a tactical standpoint its a disadvantage. You take away the single advantage that a pistol has, surprise, small, and concealable.
http://chrishernandezauthor.com/201...rtly-ideological-argument-against-open-carry/
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/09/robert-farago/tactical-dont-open-carry-true-story/
http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/the-perils-of-open-carry

Back
Top Bottom