• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

F150 Spark Plug change

image.jpg I've seen them break, I've recovered quite a few with this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 31
Easy way. Trade it or get ready for cam phasers problems and a new timing chain. Maybe I was just unlucky because at 119000 miles engine went south. I babies the truck and all maintenance was done by the book

Easy way. Trade it or get ready for cam phasers problems and a new timing chain. Maybe I was just unlucky because at 119000 miles engine went south. I babies the truck and all maintenance was done by the book

I'm not sure if BABIES a truck is gonna help a truck. A truck wasn't built to be BABIES.

I have the tool to remove broken ones, if you get in a bind hit me up. The best thing I can tell you to do is quarter turn back and forth till they are free. If you can back them out a 1/4 then spray with carb cleaner. Generally speaking if you are hearing the creaking noise, that means they are turning.

I have the tool to remove broken ones, if you get in a bind hit me up. The best thing I can tell you to do is quarter turn back and forth till they are free. If you can back them out a 1/4 then spray with carb cleaner. Generally speaking if you are hearing the creaking noise, that means they are turning.
Thanks, I really appreciate it. I decided to hold off till Tuesday to start. I put some fuel system cleaner in the tank today and hopefully that'll do something driving back and forth to Atlanta. Hopefully my truck doesn't die till then.

I have the snapon ford socket no entensions needed and never have to remove harness throttle body or any other crap

I do them in my sleep

I also have the drill kit to add adaptor for plugs that blew out and needed be drilled and jb weld new adaptor

But I do agree sea foam works well thru intake and fuel
Drive few days then change them

I like the engine to be hot

I didn't need to remove anything from the engine
Just used sockets and extensions and u joints

Use a vacuum and get all the dirt out of the hole after you pull the coil pack

There will be a lot lot of dirt in the hole

I used an impact. But had one that even an inpact would not remove

I used a ratchet and a 3 foot cheater pipe and it screeched and squeaked all the way out

Figured it was gonna snap off but it didn't

Mine has 210 k on it
And yes it ticks when you first crank it
Gonna drive it in the ground and then buy the nicest 87-91 K-5 blazer I can find

I've changed my plugs out so many times i don't even hesitate climbing up on the engine to do it myself anymore. You can't be scared of the spark plugs when you own a 5.4 3v.
580212_10151113452063300_1594194899_n.jpg
581355_10151113440193300_1377411237_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom