• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

F150 Spark Plug change

Mine had that happen but the base had rusted from water leaking into the hole when it rained. Can you use your phone or a camera to take a picture down inside the hole?
I would but I've thrown her all back together. All the plugs and COPs are all changed out except for 2. I drove around the block and to kroger and it's like a brand new truck again. I suspect the problem with 2 is my brother broke a safety clip off one of the plugs and it fell in there. I'm going to have to replace that one but for now it seems to be fine. I'd need an air compressor to try and blow that crap out. Thanks for the help everyone. 0 broke plugs (knock on wood) and all new coils. It took a few hours but it's done. I appreciate everyone's help greatly

I would but I've thrown her all back together. All the plugs and COPs are all changed out except for 2. I drove around the block and to kroger and it's like a brand new truck again. I suspect the problem with 2 is my brother broke a safety clip off one of the plugs and it fell in there. I'm going to have to replace that one but for now it seems to be fine. I'd need an air compressor to try and blow that crap out. Thanks for the help everyone. 0 broke plugs (knock on wood) and all new coils. It took a few hours but it's done. I appreciate everyone's help greatly

When you say all are changed "except for 2", are tou talking about plug #2 or 2 separate plugs?
Either way, I have had trouble with some breaking loose at times and would put it all back together and get the engine back up to operating temperature again and try it again. Usually breaks loose easy then. Like I said in my first post, when you get it broke loose, turn it back and forth until you get it backed out about 3/4 -1 full turn and spray some more penetrating oil in it again. Not too much. When it is broken loose, it can run down through the threads. Did you use nickle based anti seize? Sometimes nickle is hard to find but the Ford dealerships sell it in their parts department for $8.00 a bottle. Using that, next time they will come out very easy. Put it on the threads and lower shank. But remember, don't get it on the igniter tip or it will misfire. Always use anti seize on aluminum threads.

When you say all are changed "except for 2", are tou talking about plug #2 or 2 separate plugs?
Either way, I have had trouble with some breaking loose at times and would put it all back together and get the engine back up to operating temperature again and try it again. Usually breaks loose easy then. Like I said in my first post, when you get it broke loose, turn it back and forth until you get it backed out about 3/4 -1 full turn and spray some more penetrating oil in it again. Not too much. When it is broken loose, it can run down through the threads. Did you use nickle based anti seize? Sometimes nickle is hard to find but the Ford dealerships sell it in their parts department for $8.00 a bottle. Using that, next time they will come out very easy. Put it on the threads and lower shank. But remember, don't get it on the igniter tip or it will misfire. Always use anti seize on aluminum threads.
Except for 2 as in #2. My socket wouldn't engage the spark plug for some reason

That one you should be able to shine a flashlight into so you can actually see what is causing the socket to not fit right.

One thing for sure, if your truck is running like new again, it is firing and bot stripped / broken.
Congratulations on a successful job done. I knew you could do it.

Not sure what you mean by safety clip but if it's metal i am sure a magnetic retriever would work.

Not sure what you mean by safety clip but if it's metal i am sure a magnetic retriever would work.

Could be one of the plastic locking clips that snap in and secure the wiring harness for the injectors, VCT solenoids, cam position sensor and COP's to the inner side of the valve cover. On the passenger side there is one next to # 2 and #4 spark plug.

Could be one of the plastic locking clips that snap in and secure the wiring harness for the injectors, VCT solenoids, cam position sensor and COP's to the inner side of the valve cover. On the passenger side there is one next to # 2 and #4 spark plug.

In that case everyone needs to own a magnetic retriever and a claw retriever.
ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_61hRfc_2B6w9L._SX522_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom