• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

F150 Spark Plug change

Way to cut cost and ended up hurting them
Not at all.
Ford doesn't give a hoot as Long as they last till the warranty expires

Same as the plastic gears they used for the blend doors on the heat and air vents

Saved three cents per car making them out of plastic instead of metal

They all fail After the warranty runs out

Not at all.
Ford doesn't give a hoot as Long as they last till the warranty expires

Same as the plastic gears they used for the blend doors on the heat and air vents

Saved three cents per car making them out of plastic instead of metal

They all fail After the warranty runs out

I know I was being a smart butt lol

What Lobo said. I sprayed penetrating oil around the base of the plugs a day or two before i took them out. And, yes, if you have coils over the plugs, replace them at th same time. I had to get an old couch cushion and put it across my engine because i was lying there so long trying to access all the plugs. Not a fun job but doable, even for a fat guy like me. Also, your local auto parts store sells a swivel magnetic spark plug socket that I found very helpful.
The back ones are no fun.

Alright. I've got one plug left and I think it's broken. The shank is still protruding but my socket just will not go around the base of it. Almost like it's stripped but I haven't given any attention to it till now. I went in a weird pattern 1,3,4,5-8 and I'm on 2 now. Is there anything I can with this? It's like my socket catches and loses the grip and spins.

20151128_124208-1.jpeg

Alright. I've got one plug left and I think it's broken. The shank is still protruding but my socket just will not go around the base of it. Almost like it's stripped but I haven't given any attention to it till now. I went in a weird pattern 1,3,4,5-8 and I'm on 2 now. Is there anything I can with this? It's like my socket catches and loses the grip and spins.

Mine had that happen but the base had rusted from water leaking into the hole when it rained. Can you use your phone or a camera to take a picture down inside the hole?

Back
Top Bottom