FFL holders.....unite

BlackRifler42

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
151   0
Reaction score
So a fella contacts me today and he has a trade I want. He then says “I just realized it’s in my books, you’ll have to fill out a 4473”. He said he would meet me before all this. My question is now does that work? Him being a FFL holder and wanting to trade a rifle that’s in his books for my rifle.....

You either have to do the 4473 or let it go at this point. Even more so now that you've advertised it on the internet. He can't log it out to himself and trade you. Essentially you have to buy it from his business and use your gun as the currency

Thats what I figured. But I would have to go to his place of business or home to do 4473 and make copies of carry permit and so forth?

You either have to do the 4473 or let it go at this point. Even more so now that you've advertised it on the internet. He can't log it out to himself and trade you. Essentially you have to buy it from his business and use your gun as the currency

My first thought was to PM you and ask.

if he is willing to meet you, you can meet at a local FFL, do a FFL to FFL transfer and complete the transaction.

You would still have to complete a 4473, and someone would have to pay the transfer fee - hopefully the FFL completing the transaction would only charge one fee.

if he is willing to meet you, you can meet at a local FFL, do a FFL to FFL transfer and complete the transaction.

You would still have to complete a 4473, and someone would have to pay the transfer fee - hopefully the FFL completing the transaction would only charge one fee.
This would work.

Back
Top Bottom