• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How long does it normally take for your FFL to inform you that your firearm has arrived?

What does the FFL say it takes them to transfer it in?

If it's past that time, call them. If not, wait longer.

If you don't know how long, call and ask them. Then refer to answers above.

4 days is a while, I would expect 1 to 2 full business days but again, what does the ffl say?

I've know some that get so many transfers, it can take up to 5 days but you could pay for a "rush" job, which was double the transfer cost ( $50, instead of $25) and get it the day it was delivered.

What does the FFL say it takes them to transfer it in?

If it's past that time, call them. If not, wait longer.

If you don't know how long, call and ask them. Then refer to answers above.

4 days is a while, I would expect 1 to 2 full business days but again, what does the ffl say?

I've know some that get so many transfers, it can take up to 5 days but you could pay for a "rush" job, which was double the transfer cost ( $50, instead of $25) and get it the day it was delivered.
It takes 5 minutes to log it in. If I am busy it may take an hour or so tops to get to it. I can still notify the buyer it has arrived and have it logged and ready before they get here to pick it up. I can see a busy shop with several employees and a lot of walk in traffic might take longer but still no excuse for not notifying the customer the same day it arrives that I can see or if shipment is late in the day then by the next morning.

It takes 5 minutes to log it in. If I am busy it may take an hour or so tops to get to it. I can still notify the buyer it has arrived and have it logged and ready before they get here to pick it up. I can see a busy shop with several employees and a lot of walk in traffic might take longer but still no excuse for not notifying the customer the same day it arrives that I can see or if shipment is late in the day then by the next morning.

Unless you haven't opened the box yet and no phone number is on the box, how would you know who to call?

It doesn't take you 5 minutes to complete a transfer from start to finish.

Maybe 5 minutes to add to the bound book, but opening the box, finding the paperwork ( hopefully everything you need is in there) confirming the information matches what was shipped, logging it in, calling the customer and making notes, placing in the proper area....

Average time to transfer a gun in is 15 minutes. That's if you are uninterrupted.

Doing that 20 times a day, plus adding in the stores own orders, plus customer service and etc etc etc...

I see busy stores taking days to get to a package.

I've worked a store front and range that had 3 employees on shift at any given time and getting over 20 transfers a day, it adds up quick. We did good about next day turn around, but we told everyone 3 business days and sometimes, it just took that long.

A friend runs a Savanah range and store, he has twice the employees but triple the volume. He's 3 days on average and tells customers 5 days.

Unless you haven't opened the box yet and no phone number is on the box, how would you know who to call?

It doesn't take you 5 minutes to complete a transfer from start to finish.

Maybe 5 minutes to add to the bound book, but opening the box, finding the paperwork ( hopefully everything you need is in there) confirming the information matches what was shipped, logging it in, calling the customer and making notes, placing in the proper area....

Average time to transfer a gun in is 15 minutes. That's if you are uninterrupted.

Doing that 20 times a day, plus adding in the stores own orders, plus customer service and etc etc etc...

I see busy stores taking days to get to a package.

I've worked a store front and range that had 3 employees on shift at any given time and getting over 20 transfers a day, it adds up quick. We did good about next day turn around, but we told everyone 3 business days and sometimes, it just took that long.

A friend runs a Savanah range and store, he has twice the employees but triple the volume. He's 3 days on average and tells customers 5 days.
ATF regs say you have 24 hours from time of receipt till it has to be logged in. I can see, like I said if you are a busy store maybe taking a little longer than a one man home based operation like me but any more than a day is ridiculous in my opinion. Makes me think they just put a low priority on your **** because they are not making a big profit on it. I could be wrong. It has happened once or twice.

ATF regs say you have 24 hours from time of receipt till it has to be logged in. I can see, like I said if you are a busy store maybe taking a little longer than a one man home based operation like me but any more than a day is ridiculous in my opinion. Makes me think they just put a low priority on your **** because they are not making a big profit on it. I could be wrong. It has happened once or twice.

You have 7 days actually, generally they want it in no later then the next business day though.

And based on average completion of a transfer @ $25 per, your profit margin is 40%, which, if you are in the business knows that is a great %.

Back
Top Bottom