• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How long does it normally take for your FFL to inform you that your firearm has arrived?

Phone call day of delivery

Firearms Transfers​

Transfer Policies​

• HISR will not accept any transfer containing multiples of the same firearm/receiver
  • HISR will not conduct any transfer without a current Alabama driver’s license
  • HISR will not conduct any transfer for an out of state recipient
  • Private Party transfers will only be handled for HISR members and the seller MUST be present at time of transfer or include a copy of their license (if shipped)
  • If you are delayed, you will still be responsible for the transfer fee at the time of the background check.
  • If you are denied by NICS, you will be responsible for the transfer fee AND the cost to return the firearm
  • HISR DOES NOT ACCEPT FORM 3 (NFA) TRANSFERS FROM OTHER DEALERS AT THIS TIME. Please check Silencer Shop for your needs.
  • For HISR members, transfers for Class III items conducted without the use of Silencer Shop are available upon special request and start at $150.
  • ALL STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS APPLY.

Transfer Process​

• You MUST notify HISR in advance of any transfer by emailing rangeoffice@thehisr.com.
  • We MUST receive your transferring dealer’s FFL prior to the transfer of any firearm.
  • Transfers will be handled by appointment only.
  • Once your transfer has been initiated, please DO NOT CALL OR COME IN to check on the status of your transfer. Doing so will delay the process for others and result in an additional charge.
  • Once we process receipt of your transfer item(s), WE WILL CONTACT YOU to coordinate pick-up. Please make sure your dealer includes your information in the shipment.
  • Firearms will be kept without additional charge for five (5) days. A storage fee will be applied for each additional day.

Transfer Fees​

Members: $10/item
Non-Members: $30/item

Firearms Transfers​

Transfer Policies​

• HISR will not accept any transfer containing multiples of the same firearm/receiver
  • HISR will not conduct any transfer without a current Alabama driver’s license
  • HISR will not conduct any transfer for an out of state recipient
  • Private Party transfers will only be handled for HISR members and the seller MUST be present at time of transfer or include a copy of their license (if shipped)
  • If you are delayed, you will still be responsible for the transfer fee at the time of the background check.
  • If you are denied by NICS, you will be responsible for the transfer fee AND the cost to return the firearm
  • HISR DOES NOT ACCEPT FORM 3 (NFA) TRANSFERS FROM OTHER DEALERS AT THIS TIME. Please check Silencer Shop for your needs.
  • For HISR members, transfers for Class III items conducted without the use of Silencer Shop are available upon special request and start at $150.
  • ALL STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS APPLY.

Transfer Process​

• You MUST notify HISR in advance of any transfer by emailing rangeoffice@thehisr.com.
  • We MUST receive your transferring dealer’s FFL prior to the transfer of any firearm.
  • Transfers will be handled by appointment only.
  • Once your transfer has been initiated, please DO NOT CALL OR COME IN to check on the status of your transfer. Doing so will delay the process for others and result in an additional charge.
  • Once we process receipt of your transfer item(s), WE WILL CONTACT YOU to coordinate pick-up. Please make sure your dealer includes your information in the shipment.
  • Firearms will be kept without additional charge for five (5) days. A storage fee will be applied for each additional day.

Transfer Fees​

Members: $10/item
Non-Members: $30/item
Who the hell is HISR?

Wow, that's a ton of rules. Id pay an extra $10 not to deal with that crap. The business I use is $20 for transfers, the only issues ive ever had were from boasting and loud law enforcement that like to hang around and BS.
I should be moving soon to another area of Alabama. I won't be using them or their range again after that. Sad part is I like the owner and employee. I just wish they operated in a more timely manner.

My local gun shop is great, everyone knows me by name I know most employees, but when it comes to transfers they are horrible. They only log in firearms Monday, Wednesday, and Friday but if they receive it Monday more than likely you wont hear anything from them till Friday. The last gun I received thru them took 1 week after delivery. Now I go straight past their store about 15 minutes to another hole in wall gun shop that will call within 30 minutes of receiving.

The horror you have to wait a couple days. The problem is folks like you that see that delivery notice and run to the store, heck they haven't even checked the gun in yet. People are so impatient. And that's another reason you are seeing FFL fees creep up, folks come in and expect them to stop what they are doing to wait on your impatient self. When my lgs went from 35 to 50, I was told that was a huge reason...people with attitudes. Some stores are moving over a thousand guns a month, they have more going on than what you think. But I guess they are expected to rollout the red carpet these days when you come in for your transfer.

Back
Top Bottom