• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearm restoration

In my honest opinion, the monetary worth of your shotgun might not stand the test of how much a professional restoration would cost. It you were willing to ship it in state, you might find an ODTer to do it for you. No offense to any pros, as the labor involved is intense, unless you do it as a hobby.
JMHO.

In my honest opinion, the monetary worth of your shotgun might not stand the test of how much a professional restoration would cost. It you were willing to ship it in state, you might find an ODTer to do it for you. No offense to any pros, as the labor involved is intense, unless you do it as a hobby.
JMHO.
I appreciate your opinion, I had one guy a few years ago quote me around 600 to restore it. Which I didn’t think was to bad, that was even rebluing. I can’t even put a price on this gun because it has so much sentimental value. It’s been handed down 4 generations and will be handed down to my son next.

A good hot bluing job can run as much as 400 bucks. Then the wood work has to be done. I refinished this old Stevens and it turned out really nice. It wasn't a hot blue job though but still a vast improvement over the rust bucket it was.
IMG_20221206_135340218.jpg
IMG_20221208_190654854_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221205_161825347.jpg

Back
Top Bottom