• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearm restoration

That gun would come to life. Those pics I posted don't do the work justice. When you there looking at the gun close up it looks as though it just came from the factory aside from a few character marks in the wood but that's what holds the memories for you.

I have rifles that my father scuffed while climbing into tree stands to hunt deer or dragging a harvested deer out of the woods. I have shotguns that my father carried in the field hunting small game. They have marks and wear from constant field use, but I would not change a single thing about them as long as they are safe to use.

Based on the pictures, if this were one of my fathers guns, I would sand out the chip in the stock and stain it to match the stock as nearly as possible. I would clean any surface rust from the metal surfaces with 000 steel wool and gun oil and apply a coat of light oil. Most importantly, I would shoot it and enjoy it. This is the way I believe my father would have wanted me to honor him and his appreciation for the outdoors. :)

This gun had looked like it set out on a porch for about 3 years. The barrel was completely rusted no pitting but rusted and it was copper fouled to the point where it didn't reach the rifling thank goodness. In the stock was bleached white so I had to restain it but it cost
IMG_20221030_193824004.jpg
me $25 at antique store. It also wouldn't function as well so I've repaired it and restored it for about $50 total.
IMG_20221029_235129062.jpg
IMG_20221030_193705351.jpg
IMG_20221030_193705351.jpg

You can call him pretty much anytime. Just leave a message if he's not a available. You'll find him quite reasonable. He does all type of bluing, cerakote , and stock work.. he's worked on lots of older Remingtons and Marlins

Hi I was wondering if there is anyone around the Carroll county area that can restore my 1950’s Remington wingmaster 12ga?
I don't know about Carroll county but there is a guy in Jasper who is a great gun smith.(706) 692-6672 check him out he gets 5 stars on his reviews. I used him very far guy.

Back
Top Bottom