• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearm restoration

Good on you, sir. That sort of honest sentiment is rare these days.
If I may suggest, a few pictures may draw in a pro or two, better.
Honey, so to speak.
Good luck!
Good on you, sir. That sort of honest sentiment is rare these days.
If I may suggest, a few pictures may draw in a pro or two, better.
Honey, so to speak.
Good luck!
Thanks I appreciate that and good idea, I’ll go take a few right now, stay tuned.

Here’s a few pics, needs some love for sure, my grandpa tried to restain it himself. This gun has been through a lot of hunting expeditions, rain, snow, mud, brush. It’s slayed a lot of animals to put meat on the table. I have so many great memories with this gun. I want to restore it but then part of me wonders if I should because it won’t have the same character it has now. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_7146.jpeg
    IMG_7146.jpeg
    333.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7145.jpeg
    IMG_7145.jpeg
    336.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7147.jpeg
    IMG_7147.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 19
Nice job, sir.
Why thank you. I believe it was a 60's model. It takes many days to achieve the finish on those stocks. Each coat has to set up overnight then wet sand and recoat and I usually do 8-10 coats. So it takes a good 10 days for just the stocks. It's not continuous but there is plenty to do in-between.

Here’s a few pics, needs some love for sure, my grandpa tried to restain it himself. This gun has been through a lot of hunting expeditions, rain, snow, mud, brush. It’s slayed a lot of animals to put meat on the table. I have so many great memories with this gun. I want to restore it but then part of me wonders if I should because it won’t have the same character it has now. What do you guys think?
That's actually in great refurbable (sp?) shape.
A little magic wanding on the stock chip and everything else is basically elbow grease and chemicals.
Do it yourself? :confused:

I’ve thought about it, would definitely appreciate it more if I did. I don’t mind putting in the work. It’s not the sanding or wood work I’m worried about, it’s the rebluing.

That's actually in great refurbable (sp?) shape.
A little magic wanding on the stock chip and everything else is basically elbow grease and chemicals.
Do it yourself? :confused:
Yeah. I can walk you through the process. Feel free to call me and I will give you as much time as you need to feel comfortable. The bluing can be tricky but if you use the right application method it's a snap.
If you want to give it a whirl PM me and I will give you my number and talk you through the whole process.

Back
Top Bottom